“A great taste of Asia: Pho 533”
Review of 533 Viet Fusion

533 Viet Fusion
Reserve with OpenTable
533 Viet Fusion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 340 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since launching, 533 Viet-Fusion has been listed in LA Eater, Zagat and Forbes as a top choice for dining in Palm Springs. Bursting with fresh, savory flavors, our diverse menu makes use of tasty healthy ingredients including farm-fresh herbs such as fresh mint, lemongrass, and Thai basil; rice and rice noodles; exotic fruits and hand selected vegetables; select varieties of pork, beef, chicken and seafood. In addition to offering our famed soup dishes (Pho), we offer: Chef Inspired Specialties, Appetizers (Khai Vi); Rice Dishes (Com); Vermicelli (Bun); Vegetarian Dishes; and Housemade Sweets. We offer a full bar, including our house specialties.
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Palm Springs had lost the taste of Asia for years until Pho 533 opened. Now after its renovation, the restaurant is welcoming, festive and fun. The food is excellent! The service from hosts, bartenders, servers and table runners is top notch. Even their one dessert is worth the added calories. My favorites on the menu
are: Vietnamese crepes, fried chicken, Pho, varied spring rolls, vermicelli and their Vietnamese nachos. Don't miss the opportunity to try this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We were tired and hungry and a big bowl of pho sounded perfect. We were seated immediately. Our server was Hernan who was efficient and warm and ensured we had all the condiments (sriracha, etc. ) we wanted. Unfortunately the pho was disappointing. Not very flavourful and my 'steak' pho consisted of large, thin, unmanageable slices of some kind of meat that had been thrown together, as a lump, into the pot and had to be pried from each other at the table - quite a feat with chopsticks. Sooooo… not again. We have better pho at home.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Most likely the most bland broth I've ever had. No condiments on the table to add flavor either. The spring rolls were good. The service lack luster and not one employee smiled for our entire visit. Very cold atmosphere. It did not feel like Palm Springs at all.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I have been wondering what the buzz was all about. We dined out Saturday night. The new room is attractive and spacious and the vibe is good. The service was also very good . That's where the experience of being good ended however. The food is highly overrated. The chicken in the fried rice dish was thigh or leg meat that was overcooked and dry with only morsel size bits and a very expensive dish for what it was. The Pad Thai was probably the blandest most flavourless I have ever had anywhere in the world. Another overpriced to dish. The fried calamari was so salty it was inedible. Wine prices are some of the highest in Palm Springs.

I should have expected the food would be as bland as it was. I looked around and I did not see one Vietnamese employee or owner. Call it asian fusion, call it what you want, but this place does not cut it in any way shape or form as a great Vietnamese restaurant. Give it a pass, there are so many better places to dine

Reviewed 19 March 2017

A fabulous Asian fusion restaurant. The colorful, tasty cocktails are a must try. Everything on the menu sounded delicious, but since it was a chilly February evening, I decided to go for a steaming bowl of Pho...it was fabulous! The broth base was amazing! Wish I had stayed longer in Palm Springs so I could go back a second time!