“A Small Hotel in the Middle of Town”

Andreas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“A Small Hotel in the Middle of Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

A lovely, small hotel (25 rooms) perfect for relaxing for a few days. We checked in on a Sunday afternoon and were taken to our room which was very small and claustrophobic. We were upgraded to a lovely large room the following day where we spent the next 3 nights. The lighting in the rooms is minimal making the room dark. The hotel offers a continental breakfast in their breakfast room each morning. If you are looking for a big, glitzy, posh hotel, this isn't it. The pool area was quiet with excellent drink service in the afternoons. The hotel is perfectly located right in the middle of town and we were able to walk and not take the car for shopping on Palm Canyon Drive.

Room Tip: The standard room is very small. Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank terrieerlich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Don't book this hotel because many, many other hotels (and I checked them out!) in direct neighborhood in Palms Springs (see tripadvidor!) and in Desert Hot Springs are the same price but tremendously better.

Since the deluxe room was booked out for the first night, I had to book a king bed room, but towards a loud main street of Palm Springs. 2 yards away from a beer bar. After the first night, I wanted to change rooms, front desk said i could only book a more expensive suite. Online it showed, they had a cheaper deluxe room available.

I have a very good sleep, my job brings me to the most rural and simple places/hotels in the US - I can sleep! And when the price is fair little flaws are ok. But not here!
Both nights I woke up several times because of a heavy motorcycle setting off car alarms a few times, a few semi-trucks driving by, a screaming, drunk woman who was arguing loud in front of the bar, and the garbage truck it feels like drives thru your room. Even with ear plugs. Don't think of opening the window. too loud. Sometimes you smell cigarettes.

If you wish to watch TV make sure your neighbors are not in, because to understand a word you need to switch it to maximum volume! the TV program choice is weak. You can watch a lot of trash TV, no good choice of channels.

The pool and hot tub are clean and nice but tucked into a small court yard. I wonder if you see the sun in the winter longer than around noon time. Forget about seeing the wonderful Palm Springs view, the mountains! You see the hotels two story building, while hanging out at the pool.

10 minutes rest at the pool was disturbed by a noise that sounded like an industrial vacuum cleaner - in the middle of the day. The lounge pads at the pool were wet from the extensive cleaning in the mornings.

Breakfast is embarrassing if you compare it to a low budget business hotel such as Fairmont or Hampton Inn, or even Quality Inns have better breakfast. The tea water comes out of a can that was used for coffee before. Embarrassing mistake for any hotel that your tea tastes like weak coffee.

Now the rip-off part: I booked online, and when booking two nights it showed an included facial for a value of $95.00 for $0.00. So I clicked/booked it. An order of 6 Strawberry in chocolate - also indicated as usually $25.00 (!!! 6 strawberries), they were indicated as $0.00, and I clicked on it, too, so booked it and the strawberries were delicious. I additionally booked more spa programs at the Andreas Spa for a full price.

When explaining at the check out day that it was indicated for free, the front desk told me "no, you should have called in and specifically ask if it is really free" - Really?? .. and "did you ever get this for free in another hotel?" - and I named them a few hotels that did. Just this reaction was so unprofessional and when I explained my absolute disappointment, the front desk person went away and said "hold your emotions, i get the general manager", who came and insisted on charging the facial and the strawberries although i showed them my printed booking with the indicated $0.00 - but not for the original price of $95 (facial) and $25, no, I ended up paying $110 for the facial and $35 for the 6 strawberries. Because "we have seasonal prices" that were NOT INDICATED ONLINE AT ALL nor were explained to me when checking in!!!!!

SO BE AWARE!!

I would have loved to cancel my second night after the first sleepless one, but then i would have had to pay %100 for the second night.

The spa was clean, nice, friendly staff but for a fall get away 30% overpriced.

The hotel and the spa like to change their rates, so call in and have every agreement send to you in writing up front!

The lemon ice water in the court yard, pool area was nice! the towels were clean, the rooms were very dark.

This hotel stay was my birthday gift - the worst birthday i can remember so far.

P.S. I am still investigating the position on my credit card account. The Andreas Hotel charges your credit card under the name "G&W Investment Corp".

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MelissBerg
Glendale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Last Sunday we checked into the Andreas Hotel & Spa to relax, unwind, enjoy and celebrate my Birthday in Palm Springs! Before making the reservation, we spoke at length to the Bob at the Andreas. He was so accommodating, filled with information and history about the Andreas and most importantly, made us feel more than comfortable to stay on our get a way! In Palm Springs there are a gazillion hotels, motels, b and b's and rentals, and over the years I have stayed at many of them. So the choice to stay at the Andreas was careful and researched. Okay, here's the skinny! The room was spotless, a suite with a jacuzzi tub, large seated shower, decorated tastefully and a large king bed! We stayed facing the pool interior because we also had a balcony/patio and an outdoor fireplace! The amenities were bountiful (microwave, fridge, ironing board, coffee machine) and top of the line! The pool and jacuzzi were both immaculate and we enjoyed a midnight dip in both (towels and lemon infused water are available at the gate). The lobby of the hotel was transformed in the morning into a perfect spot for out continental breakfast with fresh squeezed OJ and bagels and cereals! I digress, when we got to our room, Bob came up with us to explain the working mechanics of everything in the room, the breakfast hours, that staff is 24/7 and the history of the Spanish styled Andreas! The location was perfect for our stay. Located in town, we walked to dinner, the Blvd., the Casino and all of the shops. I thought perhaps because we were 'in town', that the street noise might be a factor...Wrong, the rooms was quiets and cool! We didn't do the Spa this trip, but peeked in...Really nice! The interior and the exterior of the grounds are beautifully kept and manicured...This was a real score and without a doubt, we will certainly return to the Andreas!!! Again, big shout out to the staff...All were super!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rearden54
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

After cross checking Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews and then comparing rates, I finally settled on the Andreas Hotel and Spa for a recent birthday/girl's weekend. The location, description and amenities fit the needs of the group. We were looking for a boutique feel. There were four of us so we booked the two bedroom two bathroom suite near the pool. Although, the reviews were right about one of the rooms being a little dark, the suite was perfect. It was right off the pool and had a little patio. With free wi-fi, two of us even got some work out of the way on the patio. The service was very personal and attentive. The continental breakfast was a perfect starter while you figured out your plans for the day. As for location, it's perfect! Literally one block off the main street. I was the only one to book a spa treatment. The rates are great because they do not have a steam and sauna, but you don't need that after being in the relaxing pool area all afternoon. My clay wrap treatment was outstanding! The only area we did not explore was the upstairs fireplace and seating area. Overall, it was a perfect hotel and met all our needs.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Southern Calif.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had driven by the Andreas many times and decided to stay for one night. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly. The spa is very small and just average. There is a comfortable waiting area and rooms upstairs for your massage. That's about it. Not the upscale amenities of a full spa (sauna, indoor jacuzzi, etc).
We would stay at this hotel again as the location is great and the room was very comfortable. Outdoor fireplaces are a nice touch and a simple breakfast hit the spot too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends