Old Ranch Inn
7 Springs Inn & Suites(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Pool
Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
US$275
US$169
US$113
  • Pool
Colony Palms Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$179
The Westcott(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$175
US$125
US$90
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Alcazar Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$179
The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$149
The Monkey Tree Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$239
All reviewspool areapalm canyon drivegreat hostsother guestswithin walking distanceeach morningsmall kitchenart museumcitrus treesrestaurants and shopsprivate patiovisit palm springscontinental breakfastnew ownersclose to downtownlove this placeking bed
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived on September 18th and we were in room #2. It was their one bedroom suite. Furnishings go along with the area, just a little bit from different eras and motif. The bed was very nice. My only complaint about the accommodations were the pillows. When we stay at larger hotel chains unless we do the upgraded rooms we try and bring our own. However this trip started the Thursday before in San Francisco at a boutique hotel we stay at for business and their pillows are fantastic so we never thought about it. The Ranch inn is only 8 rooms so I figured their pillows would also be great. If you can, bring your own.

Check in was great, Rosie greeted us like old friends. The breakfast was good and of course you have a fridge in most rooms I believe and Ralph's is close, so we just added hard boiled eggs to what the inn offered and it was awesome.

The pool was our spot from 9 am until 5 before getting ready to walk to old town for dinner and of course shopping for my wife.

We made friends with a couple from the U.K. And another gentleman also from the U.K. So now we have friends to visit with. In fact they are still at the INN for another couple of weeks.

Hummingbirds daily by the pool, just as relaxing as you could ever imagine and the view of Mount San Jacinto was perfect.

I highly recommend this place.

Tim the owner was around in the morning or the afternoon depending on the day. Angie their housekeeper does a fantastic job. My Wife did speak with Tim the owners wife so it really feels more like home than a hotel.

We will definitely be back on our next trip.

The picture is from the main entrance way looking just a few blocks away at Mt. San Jacinto

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My husband and i stayed here for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon trip to the US. Cannot fault this place in any way. Tim was there to greet us and was so helpful and welcoming. Rosie was there everyday too with a smile on her face. The hotel is so well maintained and there are beautiful flowers and plants surrounding the relaxing pool area - the pool is also the perfect temperature! Breakfast was Fab, selection of cereals, fruit, bagels, muffins, porridge etc etc, it was perfect. It is such a peaceful hotel, however it is only a 5-10 minute walk to all the bars and restaurants making it the perfect location. The rooms themselves were lovely, so clean, cosy and had everything you needed. It was a true home away from home. Stepping out the patio doors to our sun loungers around the pool was amazing. There were a few other guests there but you really do feel like you have the place to yourselves. We will only ever stay here for future palm springs visits. Book up if you are in the area, you will not regret it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Took a few days to see Palm Springs and found this little gem of an Inn. Jim greeted us with a smile and a story or two and showed us the enormous room we had for 2 night. As I write this we are relaxing in the 95 degree weather at the pool, by our selves. With only 8 rooms, this place is definitely one to come back to.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

When I opened the car door arriving in Palm Springs, I felt two things. Firstly, I felt blast of heat flood over me, I could have opened the door of a blast oven. Secondly, more strangely, I felt very relaxed. Later I would attribute this feeling of relaxation to the benign aspect that seems to surround the Old Ranch Inn.

As part of our road trip we had driven across from Santa Monica, briefly stopping at Riverside for lunch, via I-10 and Highway 60. Getting out of Santa Monica and L.A. took us through some heavy traffic but the greater part of the drive was less frenetic.

We were in Palm Springs as the town had been chosen by one of our party as the location for the ‘Big Birthday’ celebrations that formed the main motivation for our trip to California and to ride the Aerial Tramway (Do it, it is amazing!).

As with most of our hotel choices, the selection of the Old Ranch Inn was a little random, partly using reviews and partly using our intuition. The ‘Old Ranch’ is small, only 8 (?) rooms and really I would classify it more as a B&B, in the American style, rather than a hotel. The location of the hotel is a couple of blocks back from the main road through Palm Springs offering a very picturesque mountain backdrop.

The building is centred on a small swimming pool and courtyard, used for serving breakfast and offering a restful space for relaxation and contemplation. I didn’t notice much traffic noise in the time I was in the hotel.

The rooms are of a good size and furnished in a comfortable, classical style rather than a modern one. The bed was large, comfortable and welcoming. The room also contained, bedside tables, a table and chairs, a couple of armchairs and a TV hidden away in a wardrobe/chest of drawers . The en suite bathroom was spacious and fitted with all the necessary amenities, I enjoyed the shower cubicle which was almost like a mini wet room. There is a kitchenette in each room fitted with a sink, microwave and fridge.

Running round the outside of the building is a pathway, this provides a little seating area for each room, with a small table and chairs, that an be used to take the air, or smoke, whatever! This is small and isn’t really conducive to spending long periods but it does provide an opportunity for a little breakout area.

The hotel provides free wifi.

Breakfast is served in the ‘courtyard’ of the hotel , at the back of the hotel office. A good range of items is provided for a satisfying continental breakfast; good coffee, fruit juice, cereals, pastries, bread/toast with jams and yogurt.

The swimming pool is smallish but adequate for the size of the hotel. The pool is well maintained and clean. We used it when we could to relax in the afternoon, after our activities and before dinner.

The hotel is within walking distance of one of Palm Springs’ main streets, a good range of shops, restaurants and bars, and only 5-10 minutes away depending on fitness and capability. However beware the heat, especially during the day! We did the walk a couple of times, early afternoon and late evening, the experience was very different given the relative temperatures.

This was for me a surprise, I enjoyed Palm Springs and a lot of that enjoyment came from the hotel. The Old Ranch Inn is a gem with its welcoming, generous hospitality. The surprise is lessened somewhat on meeting the owners themselves who are the natural embodiment of these values and go out of their way to be helpful and hospitable while building meaningful relationships with their guests. I really do hope that I can return some day.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank InnesG1958
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I love this place. Have stayed here over the years since 2010. It is peacefully and quiet and really is my favorite little hide-away. Gwyn and Tim are great hosts and Rosie is wonderful. Our experience with this place was and always has been awesome. Love the breakfast and just perfect for me in the morning. Lots of hummingbirds flying over head. Love the location, close to downtown Palm Springs so easy to walk to night market or restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family