All reviews heavenly bed stanford university separate tub walking distance self parking front desk staff close to downtown small pool restaurants and shops silicon valley the room was nice internet connection location is great rooms are large el camino soleil maze
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Great location with plenty of shopping and dining options within walking distances, including the Stanford Shopping Center and Whole Foods Market. The hotel is beautifully designed with a classic Spanish vibe. Rooms are spacious and with nice view of the garden patio or swimming pool. Parking space is plentiful at the basement. Hotel staff are friendly, helpful and very fast in responding to requests. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Juan R, Guest Services Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests, and it looks like we hit the mark with your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Palo Alto.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We left the Four Points SFO Airport hotel around 1030AM to avoid traffic and headed towards the Westin Palo Alto. Our Uber driver (who was new) had some trouble locating the entrance to the hotel which caused us to arrive nearly an hour later.

The hotel's location on 675 El Camino Real was perfect for us, we walked to many places throughout our 3-night stay. Our room located on the second highest level came with Westin's Heavenly Bed which is a personal favourite.

Breakfast at Restaurant Soleil got a bit monotonous after 3 consecutive days of the same offering. However, the hotel's location just cannot be beaten. Very central and walkable to shops, restaurants, and Stanford.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Juan R, Guest Services Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay with us. We have received many positive comments about our Heavenly Beds, and we are thrilled that they are your favorite. As you noted, our property is within walking distance of many local points of interest, and we have found that many of our guests opt to not bring a vehicle as they can easily explore downtown from our location on foot. We hope we will see you again the next time your travels bring you to Palo Alto.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We had a perfect stay at the Westin Palo Alto. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is excellent, bordering the Standford campus and a short walk to downtown Palo Alto.

If you stay, a visit to the Rodin Garden at the Cantor Museum on the Standford Campus is well worth th trip Its about a mile for the Westin.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to have a prime location for guests who are looking to make the most out of their time in Palo Alto, and it sounds like you were able to do just that. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our lovely area.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I hadn't stayed in a Westin in a few years, and I didn't really have a good sense of how it might be similar to or different from a Hyatt or Marriott. I guess I thought it was in that same general category, but maybe not quite as distinguished. But there was one pleasant little surprise... First the normal stuff: comfy bed, complete coffee service, free wifi, decent room service, yada yada yada. A low point was the rather limited set of bathroom amenities, and they were all hotel brand (c'mon guys, you know we want high-end brands we recognize), but at least there was a separate shampoo and conditioner. (I really hate the two-in-one "conditioning shampoo" -- you get hair that is neither clean nor conditioned.)

But there was one way in which this hotel surpassed all hotels I have ever gone to, and really made my day. I had forgotten my phone charger. I had resisted buying the overpriced ones in the airport, but then it turned out I didn't have time to go to a store in Palo Alto to buy one before my meetings and I was starting to stress. Then, tucked inconspicuously behind the phone, I found a bushel of chargers! There were chargers for most of the major device types, all connected to electricity, just waiting to plug in your device! (see picture below) SUCH a thoughtful touch! This one thing will make me seek out Westin next time. Way to go guys.

Room Tip: Some of the views are pretty awful (mine was) so you should make sure to ask to face outward where there is a view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank travelingmomNYC
Juan R, Guest Services Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your review. There is nothing better than hearing that we were able to provide a memorable experience and I am thrilled we helped save the day! I will be sure to share your great story with our staff and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit our lovely area!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I stayed one night at this Westin while in town for business. A week prior, I had stayed at the Westin Grand Central in NYC, and I thought the Westin Palo Alto compared better in most respects (except price - it cost about $500 for one night in a standard room, plus a self-parking fee for parking in the hotel's garage).

The location is right on El Camino and a quick drive or walk to Stanford, Town & Country food/shopping, or University Ave. It took about 5 min to drive to the office parks on Page Mill Road in the morning. Despite being right on El Camino, it's a quiet hotel with several courtyards around which the rooms are arranged (including one courtyard with a small pool and some loungers). I didn't hear any noise at night.
Because of the courtyards, the interior hallways are winding and long - if this might bother you, request a room closer to the elevator.

The standard SPG room I stayed in was a good size, with a large desk/workspace, seating area next to the window/juliette balcony, and convenient plugs and outlets near the desk and the bed. The bathroom was very large with a separate tub from the shower stall. There were a couple extra amenities at this Westin that bumped it above the one I stayed in at NYC - a lavender sleep oil roller at the bedside; an extra bottle of complimentary water; and a biscotti next to the coffee machine. All small touches, but still very much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank MsRCY

Thank you for your thorough review and for your recent stay with us. We take great pride in the various amenities that we offer and I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Considering your experience as a business traveler, your assessment of our property is high praise indeed. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Palo Alto.