“Excellent authentic Israeli food”
Review of Oren's Hummus

Oren's Hummus
Ranked #4 of 378 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 October 2017

One of the best Israeli food restaurants outside Israel. Besides several styles of Hummus (I prefer the newly available Jaffa-style) they have pretty good falafel balls and various meats. I enjoy the many other vegan options such is Israeli Salad and Tabouli. You can't find this quality in most other mid-eastern restaurants. They even have great chicken breast schnitzel which is a Viennese dish but that's the main difference between Israeli food and Arab food - The Israeli food is a fusion of multiple Middle eastern countries, North Africa and Europe. The only down side - the place is almost always full and then becomes noisy. It is better to come off peak hours. This is one of the reasons we eat it quite frequently as takeout.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We found this place from an Israeli friend. It’s amazing! We tried a sample of different types of hummus as well as falafel and salads. Very fresh and authentic. A must visit for those that love hummus.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

This is a great place for trying out different versions of hummus and other vegetarian spreads. Food is quite fulfilling, staff is friendly, and we loved to possibility to order several side dishes to try out. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I was excited to try Oren’s hummus as I heard a so much about it. I’m a huge hummus fan, and maybe I came with unrealistic expectations, but it was just… Not good.
I’ve ordered hummus msabbaha which is very similar to regular hummus but with warm whole chickpeas and should be served with a lemony-garlicky sauce. The chickpeas were indeed there, but that’s the only connection to a real msabbaha.
We’ve also asked for a side dish of pickles which were VERY outdated and mushy. The pita bread was not fresh as the round edges were already getting stale.
We were a party of four and paid about $70 (with drink, side salads) so I don’t think it’s too expensive, it’s just… Not worth it.
My friends enjoyed it more so maybe it was just me and my hope for a good msabbaha, but I won’t be getting back there.
Have to say that I disagree with previous comments about the service. The staff is great, quick and efficient. Except that, there are a lot of way better places to eat in that neighborhood.
Still looking for a good hummus msabbaha, if anyone finds one, please let me know :)

Reviewed 9 September 2017

As a guy who isn't really a hummus fan and just returned from a biz trip to Israel, I wasn't too fired up about my colleagues choice but I was pleasantly surprised. There were many dishes that weren't hummus. I ordered a chicken/yellow rice bowl that was very tasty. Our group of four all ordered different dishes and all reported very nice food. One person ordered some mushroom hummus and it was better than any hummus I had in Israel!

The lemonade was also very good.

It was a little crowded and the service wasn't great but adequate.