“Best kept secret!”

Asian Box
Ranked #2 of 10 Quick Bites in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Love this place! It's gluten free and all sauces handmade. Great variety to choose from. We always eat there a couple of times when we go to Palo Alto. It's small but lots of outside dining and carry out. I hope this idea catches on everywhere!

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Foods were average but it's healthier than other fast food restaurants. It's better than Panda express. Portions not big. My daughter liked the beef with rice. My hubby liked the spring rolls.

Staffs were nice and friendly.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 29 July 2016

This restaurant is all gluten free... great choices, freshly prepared and all safe for those avoiding gluten or with Celiac. There aren't many Asian food restaurants that are safe for me, and this is one I will for sure return to!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

I ordered rice noodle with Asian dust and expected to have something with real Chinese taste!

What I got was a cold plain noodle with some barbecued chicken, no special sauce or seasoning at all, absolutely plain!

Even no soy sauce or glazed taste like what you get in Panda Express or other American Chinese chains.

And price, so expensive for this box!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Had the beef box with jasmine rice,peanuts,shallots,spouts and their "hot box it" sauce. The beef tasted dry like it was just sitting in a steam table for a few hours, the hot sauce is literally thai bird chilis pureed with no salt,no spices just plain chili. I found the sauce inedible and I enjoy very spicy foods. The box was decent after I mixed everything together but I doubt Id go back. Any standard vietnamese restaurant in California will do a better rice plate which is exactly what this is. If they revamped the sauces and cooked the meat as close to when the consumer ordered it than I would probably try it again.

Date of visit: April 2016