“Nice space, decent lunch”
Review of Local Union 271

Local Union 271
Ranked #21 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Stopped here with some work colleagues because we couldn't decide what we wanted and the menu was pretty diverse - and that's how it ended up: tacos, soup, sandwiches and a salad. I appreciated their farm to table approach. I must say that the turkey in my sandwich was the best tasting turkey I have ever eaten. Liked the selection of local beers. Service was efficient, though we had a little trouble getting more water. While not remarkable, the food is solid.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and took a seat at the bar, service was quick and friendly and the vegetarian sandwich was very tasty. Portions are huge so I’m glad I had salad on the side and didn’t order anything else! Good selection of local beers too.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Found this restaurant by chance while visiting Stanford University. Amazing food. I ordered the skirt steak my friends ordered the salmon and butter squash ravioli. All excellent. Great ambiance. The staff was curious and friendly. Would absolutely recommend eating here, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Being from Switzerland I’m used to high prices but on my first day in the US not so familiar with American measurement units. I had two glasses of wine in this place and when the bill came, I was surprised about the ridicules high price. Later I checked, how much one OZ is and obviously they must have charged me two half glasses as two full glasses. Anyway, for what I’ve gotten, the price was ridicules high.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Stopped by last week for a late dinner and we both ordered burgers with bacon and a side of tomato soup. Burgers were tasty - no complaints here; so was the soup - it was good, not extraordinary. The server asked us if we wanted another round of drinks, to which we said no, but he came out with another round anyway, oh well....I'm not one to turn away alcohol so we imbibed a little more. It also took a while to get the check.

Date of visit: September 2017