“Great food, service just OK”
Review of Malbec

Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 726 Restaurants in Pasadena
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Wonderful meal, but service was a bit slow. We sat outside and there was a woman talking very loudly, not the restaurants fault but made the meal a bit unpleasant.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

A restaurant that we visit on a fairly regular basis. I was not familiar with Argentine cousins until I first visited Malbec and received a basic education from a very knowledgeable member of the waitstaff. The beef
entries are my favorites, and my wife is more adventuresome and has tried a number of their other entries.
There is something on the menu for everyone's taste. It is a very satisfying dining experience, give it a try you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I'd been planning to visit this restaurant for a while; finally, I visited last week. The restaurant is well decorated and has good service. The menu has a lots of options no only argentina but other countries. I found it a little bit difficult to follow it; maybe a little bit of help from the server will help. The pinot noir was good; however, the wine did not reach the half of the glass which is no normal for a $15 glass of wine. The food taste good, the entrana (steak) was tender and delicious and great presentation. Our table for two was nice and confortable. The only inconvenience is that at the middle of the dinner; they tried to sit a group of eight in a table of six just next to our table. These tables are very closed from each other; so, having people standing next to my table trying to sit themselves was kind of odd. The restaurant was kind of empty and there were more tables that could fit the group. However, it took about five minutes to realize that the group did not fit in that table and finally the group requested to be relocated. Besides that minor inconvenience the dinner was very good.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Large menu with lots of options ranging from traditional Argentinian specialties, to (Peruvian) ceviches, many Italian pastas and grilled steaks and sausages. The food was consistently well prepared, fresh and flavorful. Diverse lists of wines, including Argentinian Quilmes beer, and of desserts, including both well known, popular ones and Argentinian sweets. My wife loved the tarte tatin. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our waiter served my wife a double portion of tarte tatin when she mentioned she had been disappointed by the small portion during our first visit. Treated so well to fine food and service, felt no obligation to try too many other restaurants in Pasadena.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

By chance this restaurant was
seen for lunch. After brief overview using TripAdvisor we decided to stay. Comfortable place. Great service. Coffee machiato perfect. We share salad , meat table with churrasco, bife de chorizo , baked potatoes, rice , morcilla and one dessert. Everything was excellent. The meat and morcilla soft and very tasty. Great argentinian wife. 5 stars.