“Delicious!”

Bistro 45
Ranked #16 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The food was outstanding! The waiters were attentive and our group enjoyed every minute there. Dessert was unbelievable!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We enjoyed our evening at Bistro 45 so much, that we decided to return the next evening! The first dinner we were looking for a restaurant with excellent reviews regarding food and service. Bistro 45 lived up to its excellent reviews. The next night we were celebrating graduation, yet had been packing up our daughter's apartment, so we were quite honestly tired and hot. We chose to return because of the fine food and service we'd received the night before. They remembered us and gave us a very kind welcome back. We had scallops, mussels and clams, ribeye, lamb, beet salad, cucumber soup, and several desserts. The food and service were perfect....again. I highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions, business dinners, and anytime you want to experience great food with matching service.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We chose this well-known, French-themed, Pasadena restaurant for a celebratory dinner on the day our son graduated from nearby Caltech. We were glad we did. The food was great--my graduating son and I had excellent rib eyes, my other son had a pizza, and my wife and a close family friend had delicious salads. But as good as the food was, the service was even better. This was probably the best wait staff I have ever encountered in a restaurant, led by the extremely affable, charming, Robert Simon, who turned out to be the owner. I found this out because I googled him after he sent us a brief email following our visit thanking us for our patronage. A nice touch, a great guy and a great place.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Had dinner here after several years and not disappointed. Service is impeccable and with warmth, food diverse and well prepared with the beet salad as good as it gets along with the scallops and meyer lemon dessert.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We always plan our yearly event to include a fabulous dining experience but this year was only ho-hum. On an average night the meal would have been acceptable but I guess I was looking for something more elaborate. The mushroom soup was only broth with hard peas and a few mushrooms floating in it. The risotto was gloopy. The service was very good, however. Very attentive waiters and staff.