“Unrivaled favorite in Pasadena ”
Review of Bistro 45

Bistro 45
Ranked #16 of 793 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Pasadena offers many superb dining venues, but my wife and I look forward with special enthusiasm to returning to Bistro 45. Yesterday evening’s rib eye special with wine reduction sauce was outstanding. Scallops were fresh, cooked perfectly and plentiful. Medhi, our waiter was a pro- recommended a red blend wine and appetizers that accompanied well our main course selections- all with great timing and a welcome sense of humor.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 23 December 2017

First time guest for small group holiday dinner on 21 Dec, which also happened to be my Wife and I's 32 wedding anniversary. Greeted by the owner, Robert my wife and I had a wonderful time with our expectations exceeded on all levels. All food served has a backstory of origins wonderfully presented by Robert. I recommend the pork chop and my wife would say the steak, but appetizer of clams and mussels were amazing as was the wine. Also, excellent presentation on plate. Capped of the evening with a fine dessert and with the good company made for a very relaxing and enjoyable evening. May not be considered an European restaurant, but the dining experience and decor reminded us of a past dining experience in Europe. Told Robert we will definitely be coming back.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I somehow thought that this was a french restaurant, but it is really not...more of a "new American" place. The menu is much like that of other high-end new American restaurants in Pasadena like Parkway Grill and Nick's...chicken, salmon, pork chops, lamb, ribs, steak, fish, etc. But whatever you call it, the food is fabulous. I had a sautéed calamari dish ($17.45) and the fish special (grouper)($38.45), and both were really excellent. My wife had two starters...the burrata ($17.45) and the blue crab condo ($17.45). The first was excellent, but she was less thrilled with the second. The service was excellent.
We were in the front room, near the bar, because there was a large party occupying the main dining room. The party was pretty noisy, but we were happy with our table and might choose it again when we go back. Which we will.

I was not impressed by the beer list (but that's not unusual), and the white wine list was pretty small, but the red wine list was impressive. The only problem was that there were only a handful of bottles on the list for under $100, and quite a few for $300+.

All in all a great meal, but very expensive. Our meal, including wine and one expresso but no dessert, cost almost $200 after tax but before tip. But I'm not complaining...too much...I'll happily go back.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Went to Bistro 45 with another couple who are very "fussy" diners, and they loved the food as we did.
We had duck, lamb,and chicken w/polenta, and we all "cleaned our plates", and had no room for dessert.
The attentiveness and service was excellent.
We definitely will be returning.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Returned to Bistro 45 for dinner last evening, and it was as good as ever. This is a restaurant where everything is dependably very good. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and capable. The ambiance is attractive and reasonably quiet, especially early. The kitchen is unusually accommodating. I wanted a only half order of the calamari starter, and when I asked, the kitchen said “sure”! The bread is very good, as are the cocktails and wine selection. Bistro 45 is a winner,

Date of visit: November 2017