“Pricey but worth it”

Bistro 45
Ranked #15 of 799 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

As long as you are prepared for what the check says at the end of your meal...
The dishes are all well presented and tasty. (Although our halibut was a bit on the dry side this evening.) The kitchen is also flexible and accommodating which is especially nice when you can not or do not eat certain things. Don’t be shocked when you look at the red wine list and there are only a few bottles under $100.
The wait staff is attentive and friendly. Our wait person made a mistake (accidentally poured water in a red wine glass) and profusely apologized the rest of the evening. He also gave us all a complimentary glass of wine and desert, which we really appreciated.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We have lived in Pasadena for over 30 years and had never eaten at this restaurant. What a mistake! We decided to try it to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food was outstanding. My husband had the Hangar Steak and I had the fish special which was Rockfish. The fish was perfectly cooked with a wonderful sauce and beautiful vegetables. Hangar steak melted in your mouth. Everyone from Gigi at the front desk to our server and also the owner were very friendly and accommodating. Wine list is extensive but pricey. Our server was adequate, but nothing special. It’s the food that is the real calling. We will definitely return soon! Don’t miss this restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018

The lady at the front is the best I have ever met, once you walk in the restaurant, she gives you the warmest welcome greet, most hostess do give your warm greet, but she makes you feel like it's from bottom of her heart, and you are an old friend of her. She checks on your meal and talking to you with nice smile during your entire meal.
All the wait staffs are attentive and helpful. The food taste real good, my wife has salmon and I have daily freash fish, both Perfect cooked.
I have to mention one thing, it is Thursday night, and the restaurant has two big partys, it really tell you how good this restaurant is.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Pasadena offers many superb dining venues, but my wife and I look forward with special enthusiasm to returning to Bistro 45. Yesterday evening’s rib eye special with wine reduction sauce was outstanding. Scallops were fresh, cooked perfectly and plentiful. Medhi, our waiter was a pro- recommended a red blend wine and appetizers that accompanied well our main course selections- all with great timing and a welcome sense of humor.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 23 December 2017

First time guest for small group holiday dinner on 21 Dec, which also happened to be my Wife and I's 32 wedding anniversary. Greeted by the owner, Robert my wife and I had a wonderful time with our expectations exceeded on all levels. All food served has a backstory of origins wonderfully presented by Robert. I recommend the pork chop and my wife would say the steak, but appetizer of clams and mussels were amazing as was the wine. Also, excellent presentation on plate. Capped of the evening with a fine dessert and with the good company made for a very relaxing and enjoyable evening. May not be considered an European restaurant, but the dining experience and decor reminded us of a past dining experience in Europe. Told Robert we will definitely be coming back.

Date of visit: December 2017