“Pastrami HQ”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

My brother lives nearby and told us this is the place to go for Pastrami. That's exactly what we ordered and a few minutes later we were sitting down with a split sandwich of pastrami fit for a king. The Hat is a no frills establishment where locals flood to for lunch. The sandwiches were huge and we left complete full about to go into good coma. The parking lot can be full but well worth the hunt for a space. A huge thumbs up to The Hat!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I had never eaten here before. I was impressed. The service was quick and efficient. The wait was minimal, and the place was packed.The food was outstanding! This will be my favorite pastrami place. The portions we're large, we could have split easily.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This place is famous for its chili cheese fries...we made the mistake or getting the BBQ Beef sandwich. For $10, the BBQ beef sandwich is nothing more than slices of what tasted like processed roast beef smothered with what tasted like bottled BBQ sauce like one would get at the grocery store. The bread was a soggy mess..we couldn't even finish the sandwich! Next time we are going to get the chili cheese fries...like everyone else was doing!

1  Thank Rogerdob
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stopped in to grab some LA style pastrami and onion rings. They were very efficient and our food was ready in about 5 minutes. The staff were very nice and the restaurant was very clean. And the food was wonderful.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I have wanted to go here for years. I'm mad at myself for waiting so long. Yes it's been there forever. Yea everyone knows and loves it. But if you want a really great pastrami sandwich and equally good fries, I have found no better. The pastrami is lean (for pastrami) but not dry. It's served with just a pickle but offer just about any condiment you can imagine. A little bit of the au jus which is also very flavorful and this is a terrific - dare I say best pastrami I have ever had and I have had A LOT of it over the years. We ordered a small fry and it came in a big paper bag with so many fries we couldn't even finish. Steak fries cooked to perfection. A great meal for two around 20$ if you like pastrami. They also offer a large fry with several different toppings and looked like a massive plate of nachos that I'm going to try next time. I cant wait to go back!