Arroyo Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Arroyo Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: California Ave.
Description: Ever-popular in the Pasadena area for the ultimate in business dinners, special-occasion dining and after-work cocktails hand crafted by the mixologists-Chop House has a broad appeal. USDA Prime Steaks, served exclusively, are aged, hand-cut daily, and perfectly seared in a 500 degree oven. Traditional steakhouse side dishes include creamed spinach, roasted garlic-mashed potatoes and massive asparagus spears. All desserts are made in-house including the signature Chocolate and Grand Marnier Souffles. The strikingly handsome restaurant exudes a youthful energy that gives the time-honored dining concept universal appeal. Our seasoned staff makes every effort to ensure our guests a remarkable dining experience and are happy to help guide them through the award-winning wine list.
Reviewed 9 August 2017

If you want a special night out, look no further. The service from the time we stepped in was great. I had remarked it was my wifes birthday on my reservation, so they gave us a great table and even flowers! The meal and the pace of the evening were wonderful. Do yourself a favor and get your wallet out and enjoy a great night

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The place is very crowded and you are a bit overwhelmed when you step in. Inside the restaurant, I found it too dark. Luckily, we could seat outside and it was great. Service is outstanding. Food is good. Scallops and a schrimps were perfect. There was a wide range of meat and side dishes

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This place is great for business dinner meeting. Staffs are very attentive despite a large group that of people. Unlike mortons in downtown la, they didn't mixed up our steaks. Water, wines are refill regularly. Pace of foods come out in good timing at every table. Coffees and deserts are promptly served after main course. Every server is very polite and pays attention to all details.
Corns are good, mashed potatoes are great. But the filet Mignon is not as good as it once was. It used to be crunchy outside and medium inside. Not this time.
Overall is very good.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Experience was top notch. Service is as good as it gets. Server had the humor and the patience as we picked our choices. He also made sure we didn't order too much and saved room for dessert. Believe it or not, the highlight of the meal were the souffles. I actually preferred the Grand Marnier more than the chocolate, but they are both very different. The sides were great. We actually only ordered a garlic mash potato and asparagus for 4 people and it was more than enough. For the meats, we ordered 2 cowboy ribeyes, a filet wagyu, and a filet mignon. Our party came to a consensus that the meats were just ok. I felt that the meats could have been more juicier considering that it was prime beef. It didn't "melt" in my mouth as it was supposed to. However, the experience is worth it alone.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I've been to the Chop House several times over the years, but in my most recent visit, I have to say they are still hitting on all cylinders. The entire dining experience was handled perfectly. We had brought a special bottle of wine with us and our server not only graciously opened it for us but he brought out the "big" glasses without being asked. Dinner was excellent. My better half had lobster bisque and I opened with the caesar salad. Tangy and fresh without too much anchovy. We split a few sides (solidly executed creamed spinach and lobster mashed potatoes) but the star of the show was the beef. All USDA prime or Wagyu and many cuts are aged 28-40 days. She had the Wagyu filet and I enjoyed the Kansas City strip. The steaks were perfectly seasoned and cooked. Dessert was a Grand Marnier souffle (have to order at the time the entrees go in) that was worth every decadent spoonful. Whether a business dinner, a romantic evening, or a celebration, the Chop House has rocked it for years and is still rocking it.

Been to Arroyo Chop House? Share your experiences!