“Dinner with Friends”
Review of Parkway Grill

Parkway Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Parkway Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 718 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: California
Description: Since 1984, Parkway Grill has specialized in a seasonal, market-driven approach to cooking that incorporates diverse influences and classic French technique. Demonstrating the ultimate commitment to fresh produce, the Parkway Grill planted its own organic vegetable and herb garden behind the restaurant. Tiki Salad, Brick-Oven Baked Cambozola Pear Flat Bread, and Whole Ginger Fried Catfish are long-time favorites. The design of the Parkway Grill is a study in casual sophistication, striking a perfect balance between elegance and rustic approachability. The brick walls are adorned with elegant paintings by Millard Sheets and mixologists prepare hand-crafted cocktails at the expansive bar, an original from 1920's Chicago. Parkway's award-winning wine cellar, comprised of upwards of three thousand bottles, includes a broad selection of wines served by the glass.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

This is a Pasadena classic, if you want to have a great culinary experience with family, friends or coworkers this is the place. The ambiance is great with beautiful decorations, the service is impeccable and the food is out of this world. You really need to try the fried catfish, the best I have had in a very long time. The wine list is as great as the food menu and you can pair a great bottle with any meal you are ordering. There is valet parking and easy access from the street. This is a five star restaurant and you will receive five star experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Had lunch here on a recent business trip. The menu is unimaginative and expected. Service was very good though. I had a scallop salad that was just a gigantic pile of spinach with some scallops around the edge. The presentation was not thoughtful and the dressing didn’t have much flavor. Scallops were were prepared though. The whole thing, overall, was OK, but I would not go out of my way to return.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner celebrating our anniversary. We ordered the tiger shrimp corndogs and scallop appetizers. Husband ordered the special ribeye and I had the braised short ribs. Everything was very delicious and a lot of food! Our waitress was very friendly and engaging and we really enjoyed having her as our waitress. The support staff was also very friendly and attentive. This is definitely a special occasion restaurant for us as it was a delicious yet very expensive meal. A great evening all in all!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This restaurant is always amazing but their catfish is to DIE for! It's whole so be prepared for head and tail. It's very large so I recommend sharing unless you really can eat that much. It's fried to perfection with a light batter. It's so good that I dream about it! Don't miss this place. Cocktails are quite good and a very nice wine list too.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

My husband and I love to dine at this elegant restaurant in Pasadena. The service is excellent and the food is fresh and delicious! We have celebrated many special events at this restaurant and we will definitely return....we highly recommend this restaurant for a date night, special occasion, or family celebration. A+