“Authentic Italian Restaurant”

Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: California
Transit: We are very close tothe Del Mar Station for the Metrolink. We are about 3 blocks away.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

It is rare now days to find authentic Italian Restaurants in LA region. Gale’s is the exception, the comprehensive menu and great food makes this restaurant one of my favorites in Pasadena.
If you want to dine alone or with friends and family, special occasion with your partner, they can accommodate you. All I can say is you won’t be disappointed with the food and great and friendly service. There is easy access from the street and a big parking lot behind the building. I give this restaurant overall 4 stars.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Small restaurant, long wait (with reservations), but excellent menu and extensive wine list. The food was so good, you didn't let the wait affect the dining experience. Sea Bass was excellent, chicken parm was outstanding, as was the lasagna.
Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We started with soup and salads and I have to say the clam chowder was the best! Our entrees were good but not the best. Their portions are more than plenty. I tried their new drink called Italian 75 (Gin, Lemon, Prosecco), it was the bomb, loved it.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Been to Gale's many times & they never disappoint. Lunch salads are terrific and their tuna salad sandwich is one of the best I've ever had. Dinners are great as well. The pasta is always cooked perfectly. Sauces are excellent & seasoning is just right. Enjoy!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I was visiting Pasadena colleges with my 17-year-old son; we chose Gale's based on reviews. The food was really excellent; pasta fornio, summer said with watermelon, strawberries, burrata, and prosciutto, braised short rib on risotto.

However, our server immediately assumed we were not worth his time and attention as we did not order drinks, or wine, and I was a single lady with my child. He was short, dismissive and NEVER once came back to the table to check on us. The bus staff hustles and I was able to catch them to request a drink refill, water, pepper, cheese and the check! I guess he assumed there would not be a worthwhile tip in it for him. I am usually a a very good tipper and if I had tipped based on the service, it would have fed into his assumption, so I did not. He received 24%; and this statement: Based on my experience, we will not be back - with the whole family, as a group when we have our family reunion in town at the start of school, or at any time over the next four years. Just think of that the next time you judge someone as not being worth your time.

1  Thank eslamlisa