“Inspired Japanese food - Already planning my next visit!”
Review of Osawa Pasadena

Osawa Pasadena
Reserve with OpenTable
Osawa Pasadena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Oshawa was truly amazing. Everything from the Bagna Cauda to the Sashimi was truly delicious - an experience. We regularly travel to Japan and have lived in Uji. I would not call this "authentic" because it caters to western tastes - in a truly good way. The sesame panna cotta was so nice and refreshing on a warm steamy night. The sushi & Sashimi truly did melt in your mouth - an expression that until now I had never experienced. Of all of the US Japanese restaurants I have been to - this was my favorite. I have just changed my hotel reservations from downtown to Pasadena for my next trip & talked my husband into coming so we can enjoy our anniversary at this innovative artistic affordable restaurant.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Went here for the first time this weekend and everything was fresh and delicious. Just happened that this restaurant was close to the hotel. We had the fish of the day ($45) and learned that they only had one. Half of the fish was served raw (sushi grade) and the other half was cooked to perfection. The sushi was also great as was the salad that my wife ordered. If you want to sit at a table, make reservations a couple days in advanced. If the tables are booked, they take reservations at the bar. Corkage was reasonable (I think $15).

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We had to abandon all our old sushi spots after a visit to Tokyo as it raised the bar. Luckily we found this hidden gem of a sushi restaurant. The service is top notch. The quality of the food amazing. It gets as close to our Japan experience as possible in LA. Sit at the sushi bar and ask the main sushi chef for something special and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

After reading TA reviews of Osawa, we decided to try.

The lunch chirashi and udon combo is fresh and delicious. The bento lunch is also very delicate and flavorful. We will definitely return and try other items in the future.

1  Thank Moonlight
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Been coming to this place since they opened and were struggling to fill their tables. I so want to give them a full score but this last visit was not as amazing as it usually is.

Maybe their fame and being so busy has made it hard to keep up with their vast menu. Especially since the head sushi chef left them. Will still continue my patronage here though.

Congrats to Osawa opening up an new location on lake street. It seems like a real good spot for a typical Japanese lunch.