“Requesting a quote table does not mean the spare room.”

Alexander's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Alexander's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 791 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Description: Alexander’s Steakhouse is a fine dining interpretation of the classic American steakhouse with hints of Japanese influence laced into the menu. Located in Pasadena, California, Alexander’s Steakhouse is a welcome addition to the Southern California dining scene.
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Arriving at Alexanders, one expects a lovely table, outstanding service and exquisite food. This restaurant does not usually disappoint, however our arrival last night was met with a not too desirable situation. We were escorted, after a very short wait, through the main dining area, into what appeared a spare, overflow room where one sends the help to rest. The walls were plain and to our left was a table with small children. We explained that the arrangement would not suit our needs, as we expected to be seated in the main dining hall, away from crying children. We were then escorted to the main room and offered a table where the traffic would interrupt any semblance of quiet and privacy, this table was refused. We were then offered a table next to another set of loudish, unsettled children. At that point, as the hostess began explaining that all the empty tables were reserved, we pulled out our cell phones and called our old reliable,,,,The Royce at the Huntington. As regulars there, we have never had any difficulty. Upon hearing our arrangements, the hostess found a table, quiet, private and acceptable.
Needless to say, my date and I were put off by the attempt to place us in the less desirable areas. As seasoned diners to most fine dining experiences, we are aware that some restaurants attempt this as policy. Our first waiter attempted to appease us with pleasantries but suddenly Steve became our waiter. I will tell you, that his arrival with two flutes of champagne, a courteous apology and a wonderful smile, turned the evening into Nirvana.
As expected, the food was outstanding, The service superb and the ambiance, but for the need to resisting taking whatever they wanted, was great.

My advice: when your night is expected to be top notch and top price, settle for nothing less. Thank you Steve for turning it around.

3  Thank msla_drsonny

Reviewed 10 February 2017

This was my second visit to Alexander's for a client dinner in one of their private rooms. It was nothing short of spectacular! Stephanie Schriver, the private party manager, Brandon Guidry, Asst Gen Mgr, & our waiter/wait staff were all friendly, helpful, superb & professional. The food from apps to desert was unusually creative & absolutely delicious! Make no doubt about it, it's very expensive, but worth it if you're looking for a wonderful experience, especially for client meetings/dinners.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

One of my friends told me about this new restaurant (it was formerly the site of McCormick and Schmick's) and said I'd love it knowing that I'm such a foodie and I love steak.
My wife and I went during restaurant week in LA. They had a 9 course meal for $115. We decided to get the optional wine pairing as well.
Every course was amazing. Our server made the night even better for us. He suggested getting one of everything since there were 2 options for each course so that my wife and I can try it all. He gave us details about every dish and every glass of wine that came out. And he was very generous with the wine too!
We order both steak options which were the 3 oz wagyu or the 18 oz t-bone. I should have just opted to get the wagyu as well. Once you get a bite of wagyu your prime steak just isn't that good.
We are definitely going back before the next DineLA week happens. It's that good.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Our friends took our family here for my daughter's 16th birthday. The Wagyu Burger was one of the best burgers we've had. It is pricey, but a great place for special occasions if your budget can afford it. We had three teenagers with us & the waiters were great with them. We were eating in the bar area and the staff made the kids feel welcomed and treated them like princesses. There is a lemonade type of drink (cant remember what it is called) that was great. Must try it.
I highly recommend this place. This was a great dining experience & hope to come back sometime. Unless they build one in the northern Colorado area!
Thanks for a great meal with great service.

1  Thank Tiner721
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We ate at Alexander's to celebrate a friends move. It is a perfect place for a celebration.

It is expensive for sure. I encountered some sticker shock when I saw the steak prices, and given the way things like Wagyu are priced (by the 3 oz.) you could spend an essentially unlimited amount of money. It is, however, some of the best beef I have ever eaten and well-worth the money - at least in my estimation.

In addition to the delicious (and I mean really delicious) steaks, the side dishes were equally distinctive and wonderful. We ordered three side dishes and shared them - truffled potatoes, green beans and mushrooms, and a salad, which we also shared. All were incredible on their own merits, and worked well with the steaks.

The service was well balanced between helpful and unobtrusive and, finally, the bread basket and butter service was, quite literally, the best I have ever had at a restaurant.

All in all a 5 star experience. Well worth it if you are in the mood to treat yourself or others.