We stayed at the Villa Valdemosa this weekend. I was disappointed with our visit on a number of different points. None of these should come as a surprise since in most of the previous reviews, people encountered the same problems. My mistake was not reading the reviews BEFORE selecting it. First off, the website touted that all suites had a flat screen TV and a DVD player to enjoy the library of over 500 movies. When we arrived, after coming in early on a Saturday night, we were told by Danielle, who was very gracious, that the Petit Syrah Suite doesn't have those. Then we realized the room had no "private patio" as stated on the website.
The bed was extremely uncomfortable, and we both woke up with back pain. This was also mentioned in the reviews. In the morning, a dog woke us up at 6 am with his / her barking. Then a baby started screaming. These are both things I could have avoided by staying home.
As for the gourmet breakfast, the frittata Tom made was delicious but the single strip of turkey bacon left a lot to be desired.
Similar to posts left by other reviewers, the villa has potential but it certainly was more like staying in a spare bedroom at someone's home.
I had intended on calling Tom after we returned home to discuss these issues but after reading reviews about others who made that decision and received a "it's not my problem response", I chose to write this review.
Tom, it seems, from other posts, that you are not open to constructive criticism, don't care that in the hospitality industry you sometimes have to "bite the bullet" and admit your customer is right, and despite similar posts over the past few years, have not made any improvements to your property. It is sad that you take that approach. I wish you the best and hope that future clients take the time to read reviews before selecting your property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at our romantic Villa located close to town and yet worlds away. Surrounded by vineyards, bask in the sun by the pool and enjoy see forever views from our 1200 ft elevation on a ten acre estate,lined with olive trees, lavender, and many kinds of flowers. Four suites, all with full bath, private patios or walk out sundecks. Southwest/Tuscan decor; eclectic furnishings; flat screen DVD players in every room for private movie viewing our library of over 500 first run movies. Air conditioned, Pool, serene, exclusive. Owner is Executive Chef and winemaker. Est. 2007.. Ten minutes from 20 wineries, located in the heart of the "Backroads wine district" in east Paso Robles. WALK to a nearby winery for a picnic and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Desperado Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Valdemosa Hotel Paso Robles
- Valdemosa Hotel Paso Robles