“Large portions, friendly and efficient service”

Margie's Diner of Paso Robles
Ranked #18 of 214 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 October 2017

This is our second time at Margie's after staying at the Adelaide Inn nearby. Just as we remembered, Larger portions and lots of different choices. Servers have been friendly and excellent both times. Looks a little old school, but not totally greasy spoon - better light and open seating area. I had corned beef hash - different preparation than I've ever had before - like a combo of really fresh shredded corned beef and super crispy has browns folded together. Simple, but delicious. Husband ordered stack of 3 pancakes - OMG, they are as big as the plate. He couldn't even finish 2 of them!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We wanted a quick simple spot for dinner. Seemed logical that a "diner" would fit the bill. Very good variety on the menu - everything from sandwiches to full dinners. My wife went with the patty melt and I chose the french dip sandwich. The patty melt was a large patti cooked perfectly. It came with fruit instead of fries (a choice). The french dip had plenty of meat with a large bowl of dipping broth. It was piled high with fries. My wife could not finish her patty melt (which she said was great) and took half back with us. I ate my full sandwich which came with a perfect balance of meat and bun, but could not finish the fries. I noticed several other orders from different tables being delivered and they all were great portions. Want something with good food, lots of it without having to reallydress up, this is the place.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

What it says on the tin - massive portions and quick service. We had breakfast and evening meals there. Both were good quality and huge portions. Closes quite early in the evenings - 9pm on our visit so felt quite rushed to be out but our fault for not eating earlier, just not used to 9pm curfew.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

fruit was not washed when it was sliced, there was mud on my orange wedge, dirty enough so that it was inedible. no one offered to refill my coffee . A little too pricey

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Good food, good service, accept coupon from adjacent motel towards breakfast. Better than we remember (had not eaten here for quite a few years...)