Ways to Experience Pebble Beach Golf Links
from US$105.00
from US$85.00
from US$105.00
More Info
All reviews bucket list play pebble once in a lifetime mile drive green fees spyglass hill the pacific ocean caddy caddies hole fairways courses tournament clubhouse stillwater scenery california
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

Great experience, course is as expected but be prepared for a 5+ hour round. Service at lodge is awesome after golf

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 6 November 2020 via mobile

No matter how many times you see it on tv or play it on a video game there’s nothing like the experience of playing it for real.

Things started off rough (too much adrenaline surging through my body) and were better once I calmed down.

My observations about the course:
the fairways are generous (I only missed one all day, which is unusual).
The greens are super tiny, so my greens in regulation were only two (also unusual).
Putting wasn’t as crazy as I imagined. I only three-putted once.
Walking the course was harder than I thought it would be. I was super tired afterwards.
The course wasn’t as immaculate as many I’ve played, though around the green everything was beautiful.

Everyone working at the course was super nice and helpful. The practice facility was great and was a shirt shuttle ride away. Souvenirs cost way too much (caps are $40, for instance).

Yes, this was a chunk of money to play, but I didn’t have to stay at the hotel, which saved me tons. And I would go back and play again and probably score much better.

I think it’s hard to score well on a course of this magnitude your first time out. So, it’s best to just enjoy the experience and have fun and take lots of pictures.

Date of experience: November 2020
1  Thank mauiwolf
Reviewed 16 August 2020

Beautiful course. Housing along edge reminds you that you are poor compared to those owners. 3rd time playing here, but...now cartpaths only! You either use a pullcart (i did) or hope you hit your drives on cartpath side of fairway. If not, you would be grabbing 2 or 3 clubs and hoping you hit a decent 2nd shot otherwise you and your cart quickly become distant relatives. Now, if you walk and are 74 like me, humping the cart up right side of # 6 makes you pray you dont pass out and roll off edge of cliff to over a 100 foot drop.
I wont be back as cart paths only is permanent now.

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank Houkster
Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

Since I am not much of a golfer it was still very easy to visit the golf course and take a look around.

In front one can drive right up and unload. Inside the gate off to the right was the clubhouse checkin and lines of golf carts. We saw the first hole and those golfers teeing off and the 18th hole for those wrapping up their round. Not sure if I could pony up the green fees but for those who have that desire it will be a beautiful golf experience.

The most interesting part of the golf course was the Pebble Beach Wall of Champions which was installed in 2019. Every major championship winner was immortalized with a plaque with their image along with a short summary of their key moments. Lots of cool details to read. On each side were plaques listing all the winners of the Pro Am and California State Amateur tournaments also held at Pebble Beach.

A statue of Samuel Morse was located right in front of the wall and recognized his idea to build a golf course along this scenic coastline.

Definitely worth a visit to admire this handsomely designed wall.

Date of experience: August 2020
4  Thank wireless_in_CA
Reviewed 19 July 2020

As good as it gets for golf. Such an iconic golf course. The views are so spectacular. Great service and care from the staff. Just epic.

Date of experience: July 2020