See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I spent two nights at the Motel 6 in Pinole in September 2017. I lived in the East Bay for ten years until 1992 and I thought Pinole was in the sticks but now there is a lot in Pinole.

I like the location. There is everything within one exit on I-80. I had a gym one exit away at the Hilltop Mall. There are eateries of all kinds nearby.

My room was quiet.

I was first given Room 125, a no-smoking room that was awfully smoky. I noticed the no-smoking sign was missing on the door. Upon my complaint I moved to Room 129, two door down and it was fine. The Wifi was also better in 129. The rooms were sparsely outfitted but adequate. I did not try the pool. I enjoyed the free coffee in the morning. I used the coin-operated washer and dryer.

I appreciated the staff moving me to 129. They are the best.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

I stay here whenever I want to stay in peace. Staff are very nice and friendly and neighbourhood is very safe. Price has been going up but its Still inexpensive in the area. keep up the good work people !!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

So I call motel 6 to make reservation. First I am a single parent of three girls. I work and lost my home in the lake county fires. This hotel told me I couldn't stay here. When I have before. Than they give me grief after I said I had a reservation and they were giving me a hard time. I worked all day in the fields just to get one bed instead of two. This place is horrible. Half a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. Not a safe place.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2016

My grandparents booked this hotel when the came to see SF. We stayed with them and arrived at this motel, well. I wouldn't even call it that. More like a dumpster for the night. We don't expect much from Motel 6...ever. But I DO expect to have a clean room, blankets that aren't paper thin with burn holes and dirt and hair on the window sill that obviously hasn't been cleaned in years. We arrived and an ambulance and fire truck came barreling in. No doubt from a disease the sad patron contracted from his room. They gave us 1 towel for the 4 of us, 1 thin completely flat stained pillow. (Stains were on outside of case) so we went to management to ask for the items we needed, 4 more pillows and 3 more towels. The man acted like we were taking from his own personal stash. He would not give us more pillows. And when I asked for a different ice bucket because ours was so filthy he acted as if that were impossible. He knew nothing about town, we asked him where we could get a drink. He had no idea. I looked up prices for Sizzler which was right next door, and the first things that pop up are shootings in Pinole. That makes you feel safe. We stayed in room 136 on the floor next to the pool (which wasn't properly cared for with chemicals-my husband cleans pools so we know) Windows on this ground floor, steps from the sidewalk did not lock, and did not even shut all the way. No shampoos, conditioner or coffee, or hair dryer. Wifi would not reach to our room and wifi was not free. People live here, it stinks like sweat by the pool and some other mixture of horrid smells. Again I don't expect much from a motel 6 but this was a huge hole. PinHOLE. You know how you read reviews and think, aw can't be that bad? Well believe it, cause I looked up reviews after my grandma booked it and thought huh, hopefully people are exaggerating it. NOPE. DO NOT STAY HERE. THIS PLACE NEEDS NEW MANAGEMENT and a REMODEL

Room tip: 136 was an awful room
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

I booked a non smoking room, but it smelled like it had been smoked in. One of the tables in the room was broken and it was dirty. They said it was recently remodeled, but it didn't feel like it. There isn't much parking and none on the side of the hotel our room was on. They do charge $2.99 for wifi and only 1 device can use it.

They didn't provide: Shampoo, alarm clock, microwave, fridge, hairdryer, ice bucket, cups or coffee in the room. It is very basic with towels.

I don't recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2016