Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,489 results
All reviews marisol restaurant self parking ocean view tide pools fire pit valet service hotel restaurant the cliff central coast fitness center avila beach upon check restaurant next door hot tub cal poly beach access beautiful location
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

This was my 2nd time visiting…And I am a avid traveler.
I choose this hotel for a “Self-Care” getaway.
it’s a nice hotel but customer service could be a little better. On my 2nd day the electricity went out on in my room, only 45 min but I had to finish getting ready for a meeting 30 minutes away in the dark and no iron etc. when I returned the TV was not working, the night manager offered me room 301 until it could be fixed (about midnight) I decided to stay on my room and just sit in silence lol. The management gave me a $50 meal credit but little did I know 20% of it went to gratuity (about $17…so actually it was only for $33 for power outage & a full day of no TV)
One elevator was out my entire 4 day stay.. guests would be frustrated and just use the stairs
Grant it it’s a nice hotel with great views but for the daily price I paid.. something more should have been done to compensate the inconvenience
I’ll try Dolphin Bay Resort And Spa next door next month when I have to come back!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Stefi Bowman, Marketing at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2022

I am sorry that you did not have the Self-Care getaway you were hoping for, TnTGlam46 ~ I'm sure it was frustrating for you. Please reach out next time you are in the area, as I would be happy to find the best rate for you and a complimentary upgrade to make up for this stay. I hope we will have a chance to leave you with better memories at our property.
Thank you, Stephanie stephanie@cliffshotelandspa.com

Reviewed 6 May 2022

I have stayed in the hotel because of the conference, so I did not have too much choice. I have stayed there for the full two days and honestly I would not stay there for the third day anyway. First hotel put me on the first floor, which is generally is ok. Problem with this particular room my windows were facing a walking pass. This hotel is full of dogs, I am ok with dogs, but not at 5am right under my windows. So basically you cannot open my shutters whole day because people are walking 5 feet from your windows with dogs. Shower faucet was leaking bad and they had a sign in the shower about a drought. I went to the fitness center, it was ok for about 30 min. Then very large hotel employee came and did #2 in the bathroom. That was pretty much the end of my workout. Very sad

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Peter09321

Hello Peter, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you did not enjoy your time with us more or the placement of your room, however I hope your meetings went well. I am embarrassed to hear about your experience in the gym ~ I will be sure to speak with our department managers about this situation.

Reviewed 4 May 2022

After staying at this hotel a few times, I will look for another place next time. It was very loud outside both of our rooms, one time with the pool and bar being open all night, I get it. The other time a group from a wedding literally sat below our balcony on the lawn all night and talked into the wee hours of the morning. So if you're looking for quiet on the weekend, this is not the joint for you. Also the service is subpar.

Date of stay: April 2022
Stefi Bowman, Marketing at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2022

Wendy ~ I am so sorry that you did not have a quiet and restful stay with us. While it certainly is not your responsibility, but please call the Front Desk if there are ever any issues with other guests. We would be happy to ask them to move as we have plenty of gathering spaces that aren't near our guest rooms. Please reach out if you would like to give our property another try, I would be happy to assist with a reservation and find a quiet room for you to enjoy.
Thank you, Stephanie stephanie@cliffshoteladspa.com

Reviewed 24 April 2022 via mobile

Hotel was clean and friendly, with a great pool and overlooking sea views! The location to downtown pismo beach is about a 10 minute drive or taxi. Very luxurious but at a price to travel if your going the beach quite a bit. We only had a one night stop so not an issue for us .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stefi Bowman, Marketing at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2022

I am so happy that you enjoyed your quick stay, Alex! I'm not sure if you saw, but we do have a path down to the beach below our hotel. It's a great spot to spend the day (for your next visit).

Reviewed 19 April 2022 via mobile

Beautiful ocean view room. Fun decor and super clean. The King bed was super comfortable. Our only mistake was coming in a busy weekend. The nice ocean-view pool/spa was a bit crowded. Our room wasn’t ready at check-in, but they gave us a late checkout. We didn’t try the food, because last time it wasn’t great. The grounds were very well kept.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stefi Bowman, Marketing at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2022

Michael ~ thank you so much for sharing your experience, I am so happy that you enjoyed a nice getaway! Yes, we were busy over the Easter weekend, but I apologize that you had a short wait for your room. I definitely invite you to give Marisol another try, we have a new chef with some amazingly creative and delicious dishes! We look forward to welcoming you back at a less busy time of the year so you can enjoy your stay to the fullest.
Take care, Stephanie