4 people are viewing this hotel
Official Site
US$189
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$189
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
Lol.travel
US$136
Expedia.comUS$165
Hotels.comUS$165
PricelineUS$189
1,461 results
All reviews ocean view fire pit avila beach beach access great view first floor the cliff beds were comfortable great room beautiful location balcony fireplace pismo sunset debbie walkway highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2022

I love spyglass! Love it!

They saved my blanket. I know that means little to most people. But I love my blanket. We switched to an ocean view room. I’m an idiot and left my blanket. Among allll the bedding they have they got my blanket for me. And I know that was an effort.

Great service. Nice beds. Perfect vacation spot. Go to spyglass. Their restaurant is fun. Nice views. Great place.
And thank you to housekeeping for getting my blanket back to me. I’ll hold onto it better next time. The shuffle threw me off.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2022

The Inn was wonderful just what we needed, the customer service was wonderful and a really nice vibe! Loving the wine hour and the very nice surprise of the champagne in the room! Breakfast was plentiful just grab what you like! Thanks for a great trip!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2022

Pros:
- Excellent customer service
- Beautiful property
- Our king room was spacious and very clean.
- The view from our ocean view room was fantastic.
- The pool area was also clean and well kept.
- Although the property does not have an elevator, the second floor of the ocean view building can be accessed without stairs by walking down from the restaurant end of building.

Opportunities for improvement:
- The mattress on the fold out bed was truly terrible. Those beds are never great and our expectations were low, but this mattress even disappointed our low expectations. The coils were *very* pokey. We had to lay down a double layer of blanket between the mattress and the sheet just to not feel coil stabs, and even then I wouldn't dream of calling it a comfortable situation.

*Management, if you're reading this, please consider investing in better mattresses for these beds. Options exist today that are not terrible. The quality was disappointingly low and beneath the otherwise high standards at this property.

The caliber of this hotel was high is every other regard and we would recommend the Spyglass Inn without hesitation to guests who do not require the use of the fold out bed

Room tip: No elevators, but the second floor of the ocean view building can be accessed without stairs from the restaurant end of the building.
1  Thank kryskryskrysta
Reviewed 28 June 2022 via mobile

We stayed at Spyglass peak season, weekend before 4th of July. We planned our trip last minute, prices were high everywhere. Our rooms were more expensive than I would have liked to spend but that was our fault for last minute planning. We stayed in a double Queen oven front. The beds were comfortable, and the view was amazing. The man at the front desk was kind, service was excellent. They have a 24 hr txt service for your needs (more towels, etc.) I recommend this hotel for families, and couples.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2022

If you want cold beverages ask for a room with a min-refrigerator with a freezer compartment. We couldn't keep ice in the room. A microwave oven might be desired, if so ask for one. Plastic coffee cup covers that have't been used by a previous guest? Maybe they're taking recycling a little too far? $250/night

Room tip: Ask for a clean room.
Date of stay: June 2022
Debbie Kregar, General Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2022

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not as good as we want it to be. Thank you for sharing so we can improve.