2 people are viewing this hotel
Official Site
US$177
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$178
Traveluro
US$146
Booking.comUS$186
PricelineUS$186
Trip.comUS$209
1,609 results
All reviews ocean view the cliff fire pit small pool continental breakfast hot tub easy access to the beach ventana grill oceanfront room central coast fireplace pismo stairs patio pier sunset highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2020

This hotel is unusual in that it has no central air nor heat.

It also advertises rooms with views that only have views if you stretch on the balcony???

The hotel is also odd in that it supplies zero instruction in the room as to how to heat or cool or anything else!! There is a phone and you can call the front desk. I called first in as the light fan didn't seem operational so they sent an engineer. Then I called in the middle of the night as the room got very cold. They told me the fireplace was the heat. It's a gas fireplace, many don't heat much so I asked for a blanket. They came to the door with a pile of bedspreads?

So, to me it seems more like a motel with really good service. No HVAC, weak views and no in room instructions.

Room tip: The ocean "views" aren't. Hotel was designed long time ago. Have an ocean front room to really get a view.
Date of stay: November 2020
Kayla Stearns, General Manager at Cottage Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2020

Dear catm128,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your stay. I'm really happy that we were able to provide you the level of service our guests expect from us here at the Cottage Inn. I am sorry about the confusion regarding the fireplace. I am glad, though, that we were able to assist you throughout your stay.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2020

LOCATION!! LOCATION!! LOCATION!! We had the best experience at the Cottage Inn by the Sea. This was our first time visiting this location and we were not disappointed. The staff were exceptionally very attentive. Especially Devan at the front desk. I explained to her that it was my wife's Birthday and that I wanted to make it a special one. Devan took time out of her busy schedule to make sure this special moment happened. She suggested places to dine; shop, walking trails and gyms that had outside classes. Our room overlooking the ocean was very nice, clean, roomy and relaxing. Although visiting during COVID and dining had to be outside it was very pleasant, sufficient heating for all guests (Loved the fire pits just outside our room). We'll be BACK!!!

Dear 318trenc,

Thank you so much for providing such a fantastic review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that Devan, our superstar Assistant General Manager, was able to help make your stay extra special. Thank you for choosing to spend your wife's birthday weekend with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 21 November 2020 via mobile

The walls are very thin and it is right next to the freeway. You can hear every car and truck pass by. If you have neighbors above you, their foot steps come right through the ceiling. If you want a good nights sleep DO NOT STAY HERE!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Shurley02,

I'm so sorry your stay did not meet expectations this time. I would love to reserve you an upstairs room with an ocean front view the next time you stay. I truly appreciate your feedback and I hope that we can speak in the future so I am afforded the opportunity to reserve you the perfect room.

Reviewed 20 November 2020

We stayed two nights at the Cottage Inn by the Sea. We picked this hotel because it was close to the beach and was in a good location. It was during Covid time, so we had to sign up for time at the hot tub/pool (we got to go once), no hair dryer and no cleaning service, which was fine. The beds were comfortable, it was clean, but a little dated and the fire place was nice. However, it got really warm and there wasn't much of a way to cool it down. No AC, so we used the fan and windows. It had a nice, big fridge, which was great. The walk down to the beach was steep, but worth it. They had some fire pits that anyone could use with a touch button. The views were amazing! All in all it was a nice place to stay.

Dear heatherIQ2803ZH,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. I'm happy to hear that apart from the fireplace warming the room, you enjoyed a nice comfortable stay. Please give us a call the next time you plan to travel to the Central Coast. We would be happy to prep your room specifically to your preference and turn your fireplace off prior to arrival.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 12 November 2020

We booked a 2 king bedded room with fireplace. Room 726, no neighbors on one side. It was fantastic. The room was HUGE. The beds comfortable. We came during the cooler season, so no AC was needed (not sure if the rooms have AC or not) but the heater from the fireplace worked well. The staff at the front desk was friendly. The beach is a 5 minute walk down the property, they have firepits that stay on until 10pm and they have smore kits you can buy (or bring your own stuff). Downtown is about a 25 minute walk, but you can walk along the coast to get there (it's beautiful). I would stay here again for sure!

3  Thank Tessa B
Kayla Stearns, General Manager at Cottage Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2020

Hi Tessa,

Wow. We really can't thank you enough for the fantastic review. Hearing how much you enjoyed your stay has made our day. Our goal is to give each of our guests a beautiful, relaxing, unforgettable experience. So thank you so much for the amazing feedback.

We can't wait to welcome you and your family back to Pismo Beach!