“Not worth it”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I went with a friend and decided to get the order to go and sit by the beach and eat sushi while enjoying the pleasant weather. It took 90 minutes for them to make a few sushi rolls, soup and a salad for each of us. I did order some Uni, which still doesn't take 90 minutes to make unless you are going to the ocean and harvesting them yourself.
There was only like 10 people in the restaurant and at least 2 sushi chefs. There were people who came in after us, ate there meal and left and we were still there. To make things worse, is they deliver one meal, then it was about 20 minutes later, that the second one came. We ordered at the same time, so this makes no sense whatsoever. The sushi was not fresh, as the Uni was oozing, and had an off smell to it. After waiting 90 minutes they offered no apologies, no at anytime offered us anything to drink.
This was my first and last time to this restaurant, it is pretty sad, when the local grocery store has better tasting sushi.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stopped into this place as I only eat here when I visit SLO. Super friendly staff. I tried Uni for the first time and was so happy I did. it was amazing. Everything we ate we were really happy with and you will be as well.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

the food is delicious and so worth stopping in. i did take out, but they still designed the order to look as if i was eating inside. i will be back!!

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Yummy!!! Love to do the teppanyaki! Got the filet and lobster and the must have fried rice. Show is always fun from the chefs.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of fish. The three, yes three sushi chefs in front of me were furiously working to prepare food. Any sushi restaurant that employs three chefs on a Monday night must be okay.
I had a 911 and a very spicy roll, the name of which I cannot remember, because I cannot remember anything else as the spice has rendered me incapacitated. It had spicy tuna, jalapenos, and a lot of onions on top. Dont order if youre on a date. Or if you do, make sure your date eats as much as you, or that they dont mind your breath.
The special combination was fantastic with the 911 roll. all the nigiri was as fresh as could be and very well prepared. I would eat here again.