“Over priced”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We had the Teppanyaki dinner and our chef was great. Had to pay extra for fried rice which was not worth it. We did not get that much food for our main meal. The worst of it we left hungry and our bill was $80.00 for two people. We didn't really order anything extra to make that price so high. We will NEVER go back.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Called in here as was very close to our hotel. Had a really lovely dinner which was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. Restaurant shut at 10pm but they were really accommodating at our 9.30ish arrival and nothing was too much trouble. Kids enjoyed everything they had too so all happy. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I went with friends recently and had a great experience. It was a busy restaurant with lots going on. All the staff were professional and attentive. Many staff were doing the "show" you often see at Japanese restaurants and everyone watching was having a good time.
I have to say I am not a big fan of sushi but was very impressed. Some other friends took me years ago for my first time having sushi and they ordered seaweed and eel. Yup, I know, this is not how you do the first time. It's okay, I decided to go and try this place, now that I have recovered from that ordeal.

So this time, I ordered the Hawaiian Crunchy Tuna as an appetizer and the Beef Teriyaki with vegetables.

The tuna was excellent with small fresh pieces of raw tuna on a wonderful tasty bed of rice noodles and 2 large wontons/chips and veggies. Usually the texture of raw fish bothers me, but as I said the tuna was excellent. It was small and delicate, very fresh.

The beef was also good but the veggies were exactly 1 small piece of broccoli and the whole rest of the hot plate was onions. Now, I love onions but don't tell me it's veggies if it's not. I don't eat grains so veggies are what I look forward to. The steak itself was done perfectly, great flavor and filled the entire hot plate. The didn't skimp on the meat.

My dinner companions had many items and enjoyed them all: California rolls, some type of noodles, and a few other things.

The prices were reasonable. Service was quick, we didn't wait long for our food.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Always consistent! The sushi rolls are our go to at least once a month!
The help is always friendly, sometimes there is a bit of a language barrier if you call your order in but we have never had our order any thing but perfect

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I went with a friend and decided to get the order to go and sit by the beach and eat sushi while enjoying the pleasant weather. It took 90 minutes for them to make a few sushi rolls, soup and a salad for each of us. I did order some Uni, which still doesn't take 90 minutes to make unless you are going to the ocean and harvesting them yourself.
There was only like 10 people in the restaurant and at least 2 sushi chefs. There were people who came in after us, ate there meal and left and we were still there. To make things worse, is they deliver one meal, then it was about 20 minutes later, that the second one came. We ordered at the same time, so this makes no sense whatsoever. The sushi was not fresh, as the Uni was oozing, and had an off smell to it. After waiting 90 minutes they offered no apologies, no at anytime offered us anything to drink.
This was my first and last time to this restaurant, it is pretty sad, when the local grocery store has better tasting sushi.