Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$99
Agoda.comUS$99
eDreamsUS$99
StayForLong
Algotels
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

This is, without a doubt, the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff is incredibly rude, gave us flak for absolutely everything. Internet was supposed to be included, and when we went to ask for the password they said we only get one free username and password and then it would be five dollars for every other device. We asked for extra pillows and got snapped at, they only gave us one room key for four people and made us go to the room and then come back for another one instead of just giving us a second one when we asked. The wall above the bed had yellow drippings all over it, and the room reeked of urine. The showers were dirty, the windows were taped together/shut with duct tape. I would never ever ever tell anyone to stay here. They literally told us that if we didn't like it, we could go away. Horrible.

Date of stay: September 2014
2  Thank Niki P
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard Port Hueneme, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

I am a little confused with this review as I noticed that you have extended your stay for 3 days. I am assuming that everything got resolved to your satisfaction. I also noticed that your reservation was made for one person per room but you did have four people in your room during your stay including a dog. Unfortunately, urine on the floor can be common with little pets, wouldn't you agree? Our internet is free for all paid guests and according to the reservation that applied to one person. To avoid confusion in the future, please make your reservation with the appropriate number of guests (including pets) so we can better serve you. We thank you for the feedback on the window and we have promptly taken care of this matter.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Here's what I saw:
1- bath tub floors are disgustingly dirty that my feet got infected with fungus. Nasty black dirt in the bath floor grooves.
2- Internet cost extra despite been told before I got there that Internet was to be included, and I will not care to pay extra for it IF WERW FAST SPEED INTERNET, but the speed feel very much like using dial-up connection, the Internet really it's bad.
3-towels are very thin thus get soaked wet after one use, they do not change towels daily, unless you complained and on top of that the attendant Sam, will give you a preaching like if you we're an idiot of why to ask for clean towel, and told me that I should not be complaining to much because in his country India they are worse.
4-no telephone in room, so if you have a question after 9pm go need to climb stairs under the rain in cold weather knock the door and Sam said he will charge $5 bucks for the inconvenience, to him!
5- no friendly people, looks like the attendant works here in exchange for free housing and he and his wife looks like they have a very unhappy live thus blame on customer for they life style.
6- sink is next to beds, toilet about 12 feet apart in a separate room, when you brush your teeth you make much noise with run water that wakes up the other one staying with you.
7-no elevator, no ramp for easy access, and the bedroom like I was told for people that are staying more than 2 nights are upstairs !
Like if almost they wish you not to stay longer than one. Night!

Room tip: Stay away from here, find somewhere else in Oxnard, pay a little more in other hotel for better Internet and sanitary condition.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Jose P
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard Port Hueneme, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

I am scratching my head with this review as I noticed that you have extended your stay with us after you wrote this review. I am assuming that everything got resolved to your satisfaction. So happy that you stayed on at our ABVI. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We travel with our family only for special occasions. We needed to visit my brother at the Naval Base. Not only was the hotel located right next to the base, it was only blocks away from the beach. It was the perfect location for us. We love the hoagie restaurant on the property and there was a mini refrigerator and microwave in the room for snacks. With kids, that is a plus!

Room tip: Ask for the bigger rooms. There is a large space for a family with a lot of luggage.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank katenichs
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have stayed here a couples for times and the room is super clean y comfy. We always sleep really good. The price is just right for what you get and the people who run the place are super nice and kind.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tina T
Reviewed 29 September 2013

On a road trip, we stayed one night in this hotel, calling the same day to book a room. We were told one price on the phone, but when we arrived, were told right away that we wouldn't want that room and were shown a much larger room for $22 more. We did take the larger room because the one we requested had only a full size bed and there were no queens available, and the price did go down to include tax in the new price, however I don't know what one would find if booked online.
The room was large, smelled and looked clean and the bed was comfortable. There was only 1 washcloth and 1 hand towel for 2 people, and all of the towels had hairs imbedded in them.

Date of stay: September 2013