Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$99
eDreams
Agoda.comUS$99
Vio.com
Etrip
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2014

I have never been to a worse hotel and I have been to many bad hotels. The e-mails welcoming us to their wonderful establishment led us to believe that they wanted us to be here. they made it clear from start to finish that they never want our business again. Firstly, we were told that one of our two rooms were not reserved. After showing them the e-mail confirmations they were still insistent that we only had one room with them. It wasn't until the rest of the family came into the office (which you need to ring a doorbell 5 times to enter) that they told us that we could have our two rooms! (Not inexpensive rooms either). For each room we received 1 key, we told them we would need more keys for the room and they informed us that we would need to come back with a room key to make another room key. So we walked to the room and walked immediately back to get the 2nd keys made.

We hoped that would be the end of our problems. We walked into one of our rooms and noticed immediately the stench of urine. My wife had to spray perfume throughout the place just to be able to breath. We were tired so naturally we laid down for a quick second. On the wall above us was dripping streaks running down the wall! I nearly vomited everywhere but my strong stomached wife wiped it down (included is a picture of the once white rag). We left the rag outside the room and have yet to smell urine since. My assumption is the previous guest weren't to pleased with this place either. Just nasty. We continue to look around the room and realize that the shower floor is filthy and the window is duct-taped! (pictures also included below). We checked in on our family and their room and the told us they had rust running down the railing the the shower (also pictured below). I truly wish these were the end of our problems, but they were not.

We tried to connect to the internet and realized we needed a username and password, which is pretty standard so no big deal. We looked around for a password and couldn't find one so we reluctantly went to the office to obtain one. We brought in our room key to prevent the lady in the office (I believe co-owner Husband/Wife pair) from thinking we were random wanderers looking for free internet. Apparently that wasn't enough. She still drilled us on which room we were in (which is on the room key we handed her) how long we were staying etc. She handed us a receipt with a username/password/expiration date etc. then explained that this password is free and the next will be $5!!! Ridiculous! We didn't understand why we would need another one until I went to log in on my phone and it alerted me that the username and password had already been used! We then asked them why we would have to pay $5 for their advertised free internet and she told us because internet is expensive, I informed her that her rooms are also expensive. She then told me that if I do not like it I could just leave!

There was more but honestly I don't have the time to right a novel. I hope for the sake of "Americas Best Value Inn" that they can replace their management/Owner team or something. My goodness, just awful.

Date of stay: September 2014
2  Thank Dustin S
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard Port Hueneme, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

I personally investigated your complaint which is our policy as a reputable organization as America's Best Value Inn. I am so sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay. I did check with our management staff and it appears that you did extend your stay for 3 days. I am assuming that your stay was not so terrible since you did not leave immediately. I also noticed that you rented multiple rooms with four people in each room including a dog (which was not mentioned in your reservation). Your reservation online was only for one person per room. I believe that the manager did provide you with extra pillows and blankets for your extra guests for no extra charge. Unfortunately, he did need to charge for the internet for all the additional unpaid guests who were present. As for the urine in your room, our housekeeping staff does thoroughly clean the rooms before we rent them to our valued guests. It is the high standard that we keep as America's Best Value Inn. Could it be possible your pet had an unexpected "accident"? Thank you for bringing the duct tape on the window to our attention. It appears as if the film on the window was beginning to peel and this was a temporary fix until it was professionally redone. This has been repaired. We certainly appreciate your feedback in this matter.

Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

This is, without a doubt, the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff is incredibly rude, gave us flak for absolutely everything. Internet was supposed to be included, and when we went to ask for the password they said we only get one free username and password and then it would be five dollars for every other device. We asked for extra pillows and got snapped at, they only gave us one room key for four people and made us go to the room and then come back for another one instead of just giving us a second one when we asked. The wall above the bed had yellow drippings all over it, and the room reeked of urine. The showers were dirty, the windows were taped together/shut with duct tape. I would never ever ever tell anyone to stay here. They literally told us that if we didn't like it, we could go away. Horrible.

Date of stay: September 2014
2  Thank Niki P

I am a little confused with this review as I noticed that you have extended your stay for 3 days. I am assuming that everything got resolved to your satisfaction. I also noticed that your reservation was made for one person per room but you did have four people in your room during your stay including a dog. Unfortunately, urine on the floor can be common with little pets, wouldn't you agree? Our internet is free for all paid guests and according to the reservation that applied to one person. To avoid confusion in the future, please make your reservation with the appropriate number of guests (including pets) so we can better serve you. We thank you for the feedback on the window and we have promptly taken care of this matter.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Here's what I saw:
1- bath tub floors are disgustingly dirty that my feet got infected with fungus. Nasty black dirt in the bath floor grooves.
2- Internet cost extra despite been told before I got there that Internet was to be included, and I will not care to pay extra for it IF WERW FAST SPEED INTERNET, but the speed feel very much like using dial-up connection, the Internet really it's bad.
3-towels are very thin thus get soaked wet after one use, they do not change towels daily, unless you complained and on top of that the attendant Sam, will give you a preaching like if you we're an idiot of why to ask for clean towel, and told me that I should not be complaining to much because in his country India they are worse.
4-no telephone in room, so if you have a question after 9pm go need to climb stairs under the rain in cold weather knock the door and Sam said he will charge $5 bucks for the inconvenience, to him!
5- no friendly people, looks like the attendant works here in exchange for free housing and he and his wife looks like they have a very unhappy live thus blame on customer for they life style.
6- sink is next to beds, toilet about 12 feet apart in a separate room, when you brush your teeth you make much noise with run water that wakes up the other one staying with you.
7-no elevator, no ramp for easy access, and the bedroom like I was told for people that are staying more than 2 nights are upstairs !
Like if almost they wish you not to stay longer than one. Night!

Room tip: Stay away from here, find somewhere else in Oxnard, pay a little more in other hotel for better Internet and sanitary condition.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Jose P
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard Port Hueneme, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

I am scratching my head with this review as I noticed that you have extended your stay with us after you wrote this review. I am assuming that everything got resolved to your satisfaction. So happy that you stayed on at our ABVI. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We travel with our family only for special occasions. We needed to visit my brother at the Naval Base. Not only was the hotel located right next to the base, it was only blocks away from the beach. It was the perfect location for us. We love the hoagie restaurant on the property and there was a mini refrigerator and microwave in the room for snacks. With kids, that is a plus!

Room tip: Ask for the bigger rooms. There is a large space for a family with a lot of luggage.
Date of stay: November 2013
1  Thank katenichs
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have stayed here a couples for times and the room is super clean y comfy. We always sleep really good. The price is just right for what you get and the people who run the place are super nice and kind.

Date of stay: November 2013