Lowest prices for your stay
US$125
Ascend
US$125
Vio.com
US$120
Expedia.comUS$125
PricelineUS$125
Trip.comUS$137
All reviews channel islands nicest hotel bed was very comfortable santa barbara microwave malibu internet
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2022 via mobile

The check in process was very easy, and the person manning the front desk was very nice and honest.
There was no breakfast due to Covid, and to get a room with a microwave it would’ve been nearly twice the price of the room.

The room was very new and very spacious, almost to the point of being empty.
The bed was very comfortable and the fridge was very cold.
Finally the bathroom was very well appointed.

While the hotel is very close to a decent amount of restaurants and to base.
There was some issues.
To start with the frist issue was the internet, the internet was slow and would randomly cut out.
Secondly, the shower. The water pressure was very lackluster and it took about 5 minutes for the shower to get warm.
Finally, the door to the room didn’t fully seal the room. I could see the light from outside once I turned off the light to go to bed.

I am not sure if I would recommend staying here.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 10 November 2021

Pros: Furniture is modern
Cons: No included free breakfast as promised. Hot tub renovation on the website says it's supposed to be completed by 9/30/2021 but as of 11/9/21 it has yet to be completed. Sheets and pillowcases were not changed in our room and we found hair and stains on the sheets and top cover. Whenever we or our neighbors flushed the toilet, very foul and smelly dirty water would come up out of the sink drain. You WILL hear every step your upstairs neighbor makes.

Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank lightsunglasses
Reviewed 27 October 2021

I never write reviews, but I was so pleasantly surprised with this hotel that I felt I had to get the word out! Aside from expensive resorts in Florida or Hawaii, this is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at! They must have just completely redone it, because old reviews seem to be very negative, but it has more modern amenities than I've ever found in a hotel! It was extremely clean, quiet, comfortable, safe, and blew me away considering how reasonably priced it is! The location was great right in between places like Santa Barbara and Malibu, and I truly had no complaints. Well worth your money!

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 15 March 2020

I booked my room for 2 nights, it was close to my moms place and seemed ok. Checked in went up and went to bed. Woke up the next morning covered in what I hope were flee bites. Called the front desk and was offered another room. I thought ok, I’ll give that a shot. I went to get in the shower and my foot broke the tub that someone had tried to patch. Then found used woman’s razors on top of the shower door. They did refund all of my money but I’m going to be calling the health department and local building inspector. RUN!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank B9853ECchriss
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Via Mar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Hi B9853ECchriss,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are extremely gutted to hear that you did not have a positive experience. This is very unlike us as we believe in providing our guests with a highly enjoyable experience. We will definitely look into the issue with the tub and fix it. We apologize for all our shortcomings! We request you to take this offline and we would really appreciate it if you give us a second chance to rectify our errors and work upon improving our property!

Best Regards,
Customer Care Team
Casa Via Mar Inn

Reviewed 29 February 2020

The room! Jeez. Nice folks in reception, but the room was about the worst, or pretty close, to any I've stayed in (and I've stayed in a quite a few). The armchair was something I wouldn't want to even sit on... tattered, torn, and dirty. Curtain partially off the rod. The hygiene amenities were about as minimal as it gets it (shampoo in a small plastic bag, for instance). Nice folks, and the tennis club part could be great... but the room I got! Sheesh.

Room tip: Not sure why you'd want to stay here given the quality of room
Date of stay: January 2020
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Via Mar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Hi V6765DLphilr,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you liked the staff. However, we apologize for the inconvenience you faced that resulted in such a low rating. We are sorry if the room was not entirely to your liking. Again, we are sorry if the amenities did not seem up to the mark. Wish you'd told this to us earlier which, in turn, would have enabled us to shift you to a more peaceful room. Please know that we are always there to assist you with your needs. We hope that you will give us a second chance to rectify our errors!

Best Regards,