“Newly discovered great Chinese Restaurant”

Mandarin House Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Port Hueneme
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I'm always in search of good Chinese food. I only went here for takeout but I got a chance to observe my surroundings. This feels like a neighborhood restaurant where you go and everybody knows your name. This was my first visit and the most impressionable thing I noticed was the kindness of the staff. The way I was greeted was pleasantly friendly and I adored the interaction with the guests that I saw while waiting for my food. I only wish that I had time to stay for a sit down meal. This is someplace that I'll definitely go in the future. The food is pretty good too!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We have been eating here since they opened in 1980 and although we live in WA now we always join Jennifer and Jason for meals. Great service and great food. Newly remodeled.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Jennifer and Jason are great owners and wonderful people. Food is always great, service upstanding and it's just a fun place to enjoy lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Restaurant is spacious with tables or booths. Very clean, modern, comfortable. Wait service is prompt, friendly and helpful. Usual Chinese offerings plus some not usually found. Very large helpings. Usually one order will serve two people or provide for ample take-home which they are happy to accommodate. Two of us shared an order of won ton soup. One person had their Happy Family Dish and the other had the deep fried fish. Both were delicious (and both had take home). This restaurant is rated among the top 10 Chinese in Ventura County. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Very friendly atmosphere. The food was great and the portions were generous.

We came in with a baby in a car seat and the own pulled out a table for us to make it easier to fit the seat onto the booth.

Been to Mandarin House Restaurant? Share your experiences!