“Rooms are great, but food & bar is terrible”

Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Came down to eat breakfast at 7:15. All coffee was gone. 4 dispensers and no one fills them until someone complains they are empty. Waffles were all gone. When I did finally get some waffles they were disgusting. I had the pancakes on a prior visit and those were gross as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Reviewed 6 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 6 August 2017

After a long day of driving, my wife and I anticipated a nice overnight stay in a Hyatt Place, a chain we've had really great stays in. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

The hotel exterior looks nice and is in keeping with the chain's general look. It's not in the nicest part of town, but being a visitor I wouldn't really know what part of town IS the nicest or the worst, so that might not be a fair statement.

Check in was quick and easy, but when we got to our room things went downhill fast. The overall look to the room was neat and tidy, but the bathroom was not. We had already unpacked for a quick shower before going out to dinner as we'd spent the entire day on the road, so we were disgusted to see the condition of the bathroom. The tile in the bathroom was dark with a lighter colored grout, and there was black mold and black stains in the grout and in the corners of the shower. Additionally, there was still dried soap from who knows how many previous guests in the soap tray. I don't mean a used soap bar, I'm talking about the stuff that solidifies as it dries from soap suds dripping onto it. Probably the easiest part of the bathroom to clean and who knows when the last time it was cleaned.

We were moved upon request to another room, and while it was better, it still had some issues due to lack of regular cleaning. No dried soap in the soap tray, but stained grout in the shower and dingy glass.

My impression of this particular Hyatt Place was 'Tired and worn out'. I don't think the work necessary to get it back up to standards would be that significant, it would just require a thorough cleaning and refreshing and then regular thorough cleaning by staff to keep up the standards.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Hyatt Place was an excellent stop for a one night stay....third time at this location and service was excellent and staff were friendly and welcoming. Good parking , good restaurants located north in Folsom or south to Sacto

Room Tip: Great location for a half way stop on the way to Lake Tahoe
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2017

The toilet didn't flush. I called the Gallery Host. A maintenance person came and plunged it. The problem returned. Plunging (twice) didn't solve the problem permanently. The toilet started running and woke me about 4AM. The bowl was nearly full. I stopped the running and it drained slowly but wouldn't flush. I got dressed and was able to use the public toilet down the hall but the other person in the room is disabled. She had to use the non-functioning toilet in the room. The clog problem was supposed to be passed on to the day shift. I contacted the front desk at 8AM. I was told there was no note from the night shift. I explained why the toilet issue was unacceptable and was told the manager was on the premises and would contact me. We were there for a couple more hours and the manager never contacted me. This room was a special treat for me and my disabled relative. The total lack of concern demonstrated by the front desk staff and the manager are outrageous.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family