“Waffle Shop”
Review of Waffle Shop

Waffle Shop
Ranked #74 of 145 Restaurants in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Is a terrrific place for breakfast or lunch. Large amount of food. An old fashioned type of food plain and good. They are open early morning and close at 3 p.m.

Reviewed 23 December 2014

Having just travelled 38 hours on a non-stop drive from the Midwest to Sacramento, I was tired, hungry, and craving a good old fashioned hearty breakfast from a local establishment. My host told me he had just the place, and he had been coming here since he was a kid. Great. Let’s do it.

He took me to the Waffle Shop. Indeed. The place looked like it had been in that spot forever. I love going to the local diners as they seem to always take the time to make good food. Such was the case with the Waffle Shop. It was old, a little tattered around the edges, and had a decent size crowd in it for mid-morning. All good indicators, I say.

We were seated, and coffee showed up immediately. I was SO grateful. I ordered a skillet with potatoes, ham, peppers, onions, scrambled eggs, and a side of biscuits and gravy. After a cup and a half of coffee, we were served, and I dug in.

Folks, let me tell you something here. If there is a waffle place in heaven, the Good Lord will have modeled it after this one. Seriously, it was that good. Perfectly cooked. Hot, thick gravy, flaky bicuits. Enough. Don’t ask questions, just go. You’ll see for yourself. I was not hallucinating.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The food here is very good, but the decor is very out dated. The portions are generous, just wish they were open later than 3:00pm. Not many sit down places to eat in this area.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place was like an old-fashioned waffle house - my son got the strawberry waffle with whipped cream topping and ate every bite. I ordered an omelot and gave my biscuit w/gravy and hash browns to my son (but he was full) I tasted a bite of the sausage gravy and it was good. the hash browns were cooked well. The Denver omelet was the right amount of peppers and cheese, the coffee was refilled frequently and they kept my son's water glass full. We would go back again when staying in Rancho Cordova.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This place started our pretty decent but has steadily declined in food quality, cleanliness, service, and price. We will never eat there again. Perhaps they figure that since they are located in a scummy part of Rancho Cordova they have no competition, but that is the wrong way to do business. The food was inedible and the service neglectful.