Baymont by Wyndham Redding
US$105
Travelocity
US$118
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolwafflesroom was cleanhard boiled eggswould stay againnice place to staythe breakfast arearoad tripfridgejacuzzicerealfreewaycalifornia
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Stayed here 7June2011 for three nights. Got three vouchers from trip advisor, what a great saving on our rates.Checked this place out on Trip Ad. and decided to stay.As we drove into the hotel car park, it looked good. Good location away from the freeway, no noise in the rooms at all from the road. Checked in within five mins, the girl on the desk was polite and charming. The room was on the second floor[elevator] Nice spacious,clean room.The bathroom was clean, clean towels everyday of our stay, no grumbles. Good comfy beds, TV,fridge etc. in room. Comp. breakfast set us up for our days out, good.In door swimming pool if you need it. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance, gas stations aplenty nearby, five minute drive to downtown Redding. Couldn't have chosen a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharleyNottinghamUK
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I did my research and figured I would pay a little more and get a little more. Not so. 1) Beds were bad. 2) Air conditioner would not work 3) No remote for the tv. 4) The outside entrance closest to our room was not locked so anyone could enter. 5) Coffee was hot flavored water and full of coffee grounds.
Pros in this hotel are 1) Friendly staff. I was dissappointed when checking out that she didnt even ask me if I enjoyed my stay. I was going to tell her, but figured I would just rate it here on tripadvisor.
Oh, and I forgot about the little dog left in the room next to us. Howled until 11:00 pm and the hotel had no way to get in touch with the guest. Poor puppy, and us with restless sleep.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank cheesy1
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I stayed at this motel with my Granddaughter and Grandson. The rooms appeared clean at first glance. But after a few hrs. we were to learn that this room was used for a party. The most disgusting thing we found was a used condom, a dirty t-shirt in the chair.(we were searching for the remote control) Under the chair was trash and on the balcony there were cig. butts. I should of either changed rooms or left. But I didn't and it made my stay not real good as it felt dirty after the 1st incident.. I have decided never to stay again. The carpets in the hallway and elavator are very dirty.. Not Pleasant !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank katie4933
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Not impressed with this hotel, although it was better than the Ramada. The hot tub was cold, the pool was cold. The room wasn't as nice as the picture made it seem to be. The breakfast was okay. The t.v. in the rooms kept going fuzzy, and the wifi would disconnect about as soon as you got online. The beds were extremely small, but somewhat comfortable. The room smelled. I wouldn't stay unless you are on a budget and don't care what you get.

Room Tip: maybe get a hot tub room
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank marlana79
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This was a nice hotel, clean and well stocked. Offered free continental breakfast. Indoor pool which was nice since it was 104 outside and I would not want to sit outside to watch kids swim. Block from freeway, close but not so close you could hear freeway. Lots of eating places close by.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family