See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2016

checked it out for a change in low budget motels ... but dont think I will be looking for more Howard Johnson hotels while travelling through the states. Toilet seat hadn't been cleaned ... hope the sheets were.

Room tip: They advertise $49 per room on huge billboard seen going thru Redding CA... but that is only if you are single. For a couple it is $65.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

When we pulled up the first day the fire department was there and no one was in office. got to room 15 minutes later the towels had large black spots on them had to get more.The last day we were going to eat breakfast there when I went in @ 630 am there was no one in site 6 donuts the juice machine was broken and a pot of coffee and there was an offer of cereal I think. So we went out for breakfast The bed was hard as rock. and needed to be vacuumed behind it. My brother in law stayed there in another room his towels were dirty as well

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

The staff was pretty awesome they were all nice and helpful. But the amenities weren't that great. They were out of orange juice the entire week that I was there. It was decently clean and they gave us plenty of towels.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I decided to save a few dollars and try the Howard Johnson in Redding instead of the Super 8 where we usually stay. Although the staff was friendly, helpful and courteous, the building really needs some work. My first impression was the stair going to the second floor was installed slightly low making the final step a little higher than all of the preceding steps, making for a possible trip hazard. The walking to my room, I noticed that the deck of the balconie was flexing making me wonder if I was going to fall through. The room was clean but well used. The A/C was missing the front vent and the light over the sink only had one bulb working and when I tried to check the other bulbs, the one that worked quit, another went into a flicker mode and the others never worked - I turned them OFF. The bed was very firm but comfortable and all of the sheets and towels were clean and nice. I just got the feeling that this motel was well past it's prime and in need of an overhaul.

Date of stay: September 2016