Motel 6 Redding South
US$118
US$109
Thunderbird Lodge(Redding)(Great Value!)
US$75
Comfort Suites Redding(Redding)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$126
US$134
TownePlace Suites
US$109
All reviewsbudget hotelstay there againfridge and microwaveroad tripdog
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The "free" wi-fi is not free. You have to purchase at 3-5 dollars per room, per night. The person who checked us in could not figure out how to add on the wi-fi so they agreed to comp it. That is about the only thing that went right with our stay. I booked two queen rooms, each with two queen beds, non-smoking. Each bedroom only had one queen bed apiece and one of the rooms reeked of cigarette smoke.
The security guard reported to the front-desk that we had four adults and so they tried to charge us for two additional adults (it was me, my husband and my teenage son). Had to go through the hassle of allowing their security guard to come and check who was in our rooms even after adamantly advising the front-desk clerk that there were only two adults and one child. (Security guard refused to believe us as he saw me go into my son's room, then my husbands room as we were getting things settled in).
There was no mini-fridge or microwave in either of the rooms (as there were advertised on the booking sight pictures) so all of our food stuffs spoiled which is a huge pain as we were on a road trip and attempting to avoid so many fast foods.
Oh, and the bathrooms don't have fans. There are vents, but no fans.
Please keep in mind we had stayed at the Motel 6 in Willows, CA just a week prior and had a great experience, so my recommendation is to really check what you are purchasing and the ratings for the Motel 6 site you are staying at.

Room Tip: If you want a good nights sleep make sure you request a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole V
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Redding South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Nicole, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to your reservations issues. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Clean room, comfortable bed. Security checking the parking lot. When you check in make sure you know your car's plate number, you'll need it for your parking permit. The motel is close to restaurants & gas stations. The rooms are clean & modern maybe leaning towards spartan. The tv has a good choice of channels but you have to pay for wifi access.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2017

It's a Motel 6 so start with budget motel expectations. But with that said, we were pleasantly surprised! The check-in experience was easy and the staff was professional. They gave us a room near the pet relief area for our convenience since we had a dog with us. First impression of the room was very positive - updated, clean, with all the basics for comfort. It was quiet and easy to get some rest. I wish there were vending/ice machines somewhere besides the office in the front, but...first world problems. Also the key card de-activated before our second night and we were locked out until the office could fix the situation. I was a bit dismayed that the pool was still closed for the season (it's spring break and almost 70 degrees!) but I may have regretted going in if it had been an option. I just wanted to be like my other friends with their poolside photos from Phoenix and Cancun. Sigh. But the motel was very lovely for the budget category and we'd definitely stay there again if we needed a stopover in Redding. It was also walking distance/a short drive to several food options, coffee, groceries, and the fantastic Turtle Bay Exploration Park.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moe C
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

First off I can't believe that I paid money to for this room. The bathroom was gross, it has mildew everywhere. Floors were so nasty with filth- I was afraid to take my shoes off and I was right- I only have one shoe left. Don't look under the bed because it's nastier then a trucker bathroom!! no tv channels. this places just sucks and we HAD to stay in Redding because my father in law passed away yesterday and we had to be here today. Ok even around the sink was worse. All I know is that I will NEVER EVER rent a room - I have a very expensive RV that we will bring with us & I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY TOOK MY MONEY! THIS IS BULL CRAP. AND JUST DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS- THIS PLACE IS GROSS & I SURE HOPE I DIDN'T GET ANY DISEASES FROM THIS PLACE! NO BREAKFAST EITHER? I HAVE BEEN IN CHEAPER, CLEANER HOTELS THAT HAD BREAKFAST! NO SOAP, NO TV, DIRTY TOWELS, I MEAN MILDEW TOWELS- HOW CAN I GET A REFUND?

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonya D
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

This motel has been thoroughly renovated and represents a great improvement. Very basic amenities, but very clean and reasonably quiet.
Freeway noise is high on that side, but pick the opposite side and you're OK.
Best bang for the buck in Redding in this class of motel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business