Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center
US$134
TownePlace Suites
US$105
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbiggest concernroom was cleantwo sinkslots of parkingnice hotellounge areashasta areabreak insrestaurants in walking distancehotel restaurantgood nights sleepolder propertyrecommend staying herepleasant stayfree weightsa long road tripnice size
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I only stayed for one night, but the staff was friendly. Room was clean and fine. Food looked really good. Your biggest concern if your planning on staying is the break ins. I read so many reviews of cars bring broken into, I took my chances. I parked near the back left side of the hotel. Thankfully my car didn't get broken into! But the truck 3 spaces down, which had a huge spot light on it, well they got broken into. The staff seemed to be accommodating to the situation. I read a comment from 3 weeks ago saying the staff metioned there hadn't been broken into in a while, ohhhhhhhhhk. lol Anyways it really isn't the hotels fault but if they've been dealing with this for years you'd think a big chained hotel would take better precautions than just install cameras. They may have a security but when I arrived at 9-10pm he was just in the lobby.

Room Tip: Park in the front or take your things out of our car to avoid being broken into.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Emily D,

It is good to know you chose our hotel for your travel needs. I am happy to learn your encounter with our accommodating staff was good. We always make sure our accommodations are well maintained and clean, I em elated you mentioned this on your review.

We would like you to always consider our hotel a home away from home. Diligent safety and security measures is our top priority, I am sorry you felt otherwise. I forwarded your comments to the upper management to check on enhancing the technology we use in providing better safety to all of our guest's vehicles.

We strive to be the best choice for most travelers and your feedback has helped. Again, thank you and we look forward to your visit.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I would like to compliment the 2 ladies at the front desk, Collette and Mayra. They have gone over and above by helping me find a place to eat and a way to get me there so I wouldn't have to walk the 3 blocks to get there.
Thank you.
Kevin Peterson

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Holiday I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Kevin, Good morning thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to here that our staff was helpful to you. We are very lucky to has such a great team here at the Holiday Inn and Convention Center. I will make sure that Collette and Mayra see you review. Have a fantastic weekend.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

It was very nice place. Great clean rooms and service. The breakfast was very good. Yes I will stay there again no problem. I sleep very good in my quiet room. Perfect location for what I needed to do.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Holiday I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward in seeing you the next time you are in the Redding area.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We booked the hotel with an express deal, so didn’t know which hotel until after it was booked. After reading reviews my biggest concern was people had commented on car break ins. At check in I expressed my concern as our car was totally loaded. The receptionist was very nice and showed us where to park our car in front where they had never had a problem. She said they had installed camera’s out back where it is considerable darker. She said there had not been any break in’s in awhile, but it was a concern all over Redding. We had a large, clean room with a king bed. It is the first hotel I have been in that had great lighting. We had no issues with the wi-if. There is a small refrigerator, but no microwave. Also, breakfast is not included. Right across the street is a Logan’s Roadhouse and a Marie Callendar’s, which we walked to. There is also a restaurant in the hotel. We had a problem with a backdoor, our key would not open it. I told the receptionist and someone immediately went out to fix it. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a freeway behind the hotel, our room was on the other side and we didn’t hear it at all.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, I am pleased to hear that your stay was better than expected. We here at the holiday Inn and Convention Center take great pride in our customer service. I hope you have a great weekend.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We stayed at The Holiday Inn Redding last weekend , upon arrival I was greeted by Collette, she was very personable & happy to accomadate us, after reserving a King online I had requested 2 queens when we arrived she ws happy to make th echange for us. we came in about the time the restaurant was closing but she offered many other for dining.
Our room was clean & comfortable, very quiet which is hard to find in any hotel. Breakfast was good & there were many options to choose from , it wasnt free but they only charged $9 for 2 breakfasts. Later that evening we hung out in the lounge area for drinks & to watch the Olympics this is a very comfortable area & the bartender was very friendly. Anytime we had encountered any of the staff the were all very friendly, we will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you as well for recognizing our staff members! This means a lot to all of us.
We look forward to seeing you very soon..
Best regards