All reviews electric fireplace tempurpedic beds shaving cream hard boiled eggs starbucks coffee machine baked chocolate chip cookies complimentary water bottles lovely gazebo disposable razor nice exterior jacuzzi and sauna an executive king room breakfast room toaster waffles kinds of cereal fast food restaurants ceiling fan
Reviewed 3 October 2017

'Don't judge a book by it's cover' or, in this case, by it's street sign. My husband and dad and I were looking for a place to call it a night on our looong road trip. This place had mixed reviews but was in our price range and had availability.
I was totally impressed with the young man who checked us in--he was friendly and informative. We were given 'check-in cookies' and informed that the fridge in our rooms would have 2 bottles of water. There is not an elevator so we requested the first floor (there are 2). Each of our downstairs rooms had a fireplace, fridge, a VERY nice toiletry basket, comfortable loveseat, clean carpets..the list goes on. The decor was dark in color but went nicely with the theme of the property. A gazebo with plenty of chairs, a pool and spa, flowering vines, wrought iron--gave the property a really nice, relaxing 'feel'.
The one improvement could be the breakfast. (It is served in a separate dedicated room across the driveway from the office. Which is really nice) However, the morning that we were there, the juice machine was serving watered down juice and there was not a lot of selection other than breads and L'eggo style toaster waffles.
That being said, we went to eat at the nearby COCO's.
There is an onsite laundry room for guests to do their laundry.
I would definitely stay here, again. It was CLEAN and the atmosphere was FRIENDLY.
(Even the maintenance employees were friendly)

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

WOW- surprise find! I will admit there are some worrisome reviews about this place- BUT very glad I went ahead and booked for 2 nights while performing at San Manuel.

1.Customer Service at check in-super friendly- 2 fresh cookies and gave us all the info we needed - felt very welcomed!!
2. Upstairs room was quiet- and Master room clean with a sofa, desk, plenty of outlets, small microwave, small refrigerator and the sink is separate from the shower/toilet area which is very helpful!
3. Starbucks Coffee machine is GREAT !! no messy coffee pot- very clean- very good coffee-thanks!! And HOT water- and it is a definite plus to have it available 24 hours!
4. QUIET- I was thankful that tucked off the street it seemed very quiet-
5. Price- with my AAA discount was under $100 which was a good deal for me
6. did not use the pool- but they do have a pool
7. parking is a tad tight and on Saturday night I was beginning to think I had no where to park but luckily I was able to fit into a spot--
8. BED was nice and FIRM- thank you!
only other improvement I could suggest is hard floors- yes they can be more noisy- but my impression of carpet is it is more dirty....

Room tip: upstairs will be more quiet-
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BackRoadsUSA
Reviewed 11 August 2017

among arrival on a very hoy day from lax was welcome with a friendl and fast ck-inn free cookies and bottles of water. requested a downstairs unit because their is no elevator. got it. the room was clean and had amenities of a electric fireplace, macrowave, refrightor, iron and board. the hotel is near fast food and a Walmart.

Room tip: doenstairs if you got a lot og baggage
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gbangs59
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Hubby & I needed a hotel for one night, as friends were staying in our home. I bid on priceline and won this motel. I Have seen it often as we live in Redlands, but wrote it off as a hole-in-the-wall. This is definitely NOT the case! Nestled in the middle of a retail shopping area that has gone downhill, this hotel/motel is a hidden jewel. The parking lot is a bit on the tight side, but clean and filled with plants and vines. We were presented with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies at check in.

The room with one Queen size bed is a bit small for more than 2 persons, however the decor is beautiful, modern and luxurious and includes a ceiling fan. It boasts a large screen TV mounted on the wall above a dresser that also has a faux electic fireplace that gives out heat if needed (in the summer you can set with no heat for ambiance only). There is a mini fridge and microwave for use.

The vanity area with marble counter tops includes toiletries that may have been forgotten (toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving razor and cream, etc). All that I saw was clean. The bed was comfortable, however for me, the pillows a bit too fluffy.

The parking lot was full of utility and construction trucks, yet we did not hear a peep all night. Breakfast is served until 10:00 am, which is nice for vacationers. It has cereals, breads, coffee and fruit. It is served in a room opposite the entrance driveway, and your able to take back to your room. Note: Looking at a lot of the amenities, it reminded me of a "man's" room, darker decor and a lot of the toiletries were for men. Would be perfect for men on business trips-thus the construction trucks :-)

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank samesmindy
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I once lived in Redlands and I don't remember this Motel. Probably because it's tucked away very nicely, right in front of our eyes. I love these type of motels.To stay at one that has been kept up is a ( treasure in my life )
My Maui family of 9, loved the old style of buildings. I enjoyed being able to show my daughter in laws some of the mainland places. This motel is a must if your driving through the area. Forget the big hotels. Your just another buck to them. Let's keep the past alive. Aloha

Date of stay: June 2017