“Tasty food, easy for travellers”
Review of Naan Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Naan Cafe
Ranked #123 of 238 Restaurants in Redlands
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We were on a long drip down I-10, and found this place around lunch time. They had about 10 pre-made lunch special items and offered to make anything fresh from a very large menu.

We had the pre-made Aloo Gobi, which was fresh and had a little bit of "heat" to it. It was served with rice in an awkward 3-compartment styrofoam container. We also ordered samosas, which were good but did take a little while to be cooked.

As others have reported, the naan is thicker here. The lunch special came with a lot of it.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

Luncheon fare was delicious...we had vegetable Korea and Tikka Masada along with tandoori chx. Basmati rice was excellent but garlic Naan bread was the highlight of our meal!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Not very good Indian food, bordering toward blah and yucky. Ironically, the naan was awful both times I visited. It is not crispy and light, instead it is thick and chewy. That is kind of gross. The food reminds me of an Indian version of Panda Express which is not a good thing. The curries on the buffet are extremely heavy with no flavor. There is literally no spice in ANY of the food. What a shame. It may be different by ordering off the menu but my guess is, if they are willing to sell people food like what is on the buffet and the naan that is super awful, I don't even want to try. They also give you literally several pounds of food- the two items styrofoam dishes from the buffet are so heavy it makes the food unappetizing. This is not a good place. Sadly, I assume people in the area have not had lots of opportunities to eat Indian food and this is sheerly bad.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Don't let the fast food aspect lower your expectations - the Indian food at this strip mall restaurant is quite good. The naan is especially delicious and perfectly cooked (crispy, but still chewy too). We enjoyed both the veg and non-veg dishes. 2-item combo is enough food for lunch, but if you are like me, you'll want to order the 3-item combo in order to get one more delicious dish to enjoy.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Just tried this place for the first time and it was amazing! Loved every tiny morsel. My husband normally does not like Indian food but we made a believer out of him, he ended up finishing off all of our plates! Please go to this place if you are looking for the most delicious Indian food in the area!