“Nice Lunch Place”
Review of Turquoise

Turquoise
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 334 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best Organic Restaurant in Redondo Beach. Online Ordering Service available from our website (turquoisela) - Powered By Clorder
Reviewed 11 July 2018

This was a very nice place for lunch. It's in the Hollywood Riviera area of Redondo Beach with outdoor seating. We had the Turquoise Salad which was excellent. The vegetables and fruit in the salad were so fresh and the dressing with light but tasty. I would guess that the dinner is excellent here to. The service was fine as well. I would go back for dinner the next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Turquoise has something on the menu for all tastes. Several fish options, excellent lamb and several vegetarian options. Very healthy and delicious food, service always friendly and helpful. Our favorite spot in the village.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Turquoise has been and still is one of our favorite restaurants. We’ve been going there for years, but have also been taking care of aging parents, so it had been months since we ate there. Hamid is a gracious and wonderful host. My wife had just lost her Dad to pancreatic cancer, and he was so empathetic and kind. The atmosphere at Turquoise is very comforting and calming. There was a beautiful wall sized photo of Santorini Island taken by Hamid as well as well as a soothing turquoise color motif.

But on to the fabulous food. It is not just another Middle Eastern or Mediterranean restaurant which are so commonplace in the LA area. Hamid has created a healthy organic menu which features the freshest ingredients prepared in elegantly simple, but delicious presentations. Yasmin was a terrific server. We shared a salad with baby arugula, cranberries, feta cheese and candied walnuts which was excellent. On this evening we both ordered the exquisite Lamb which was so delicious and perfectly prepared medium rare. We always ask for Sumac, a sour and tangy powdered herb that brings out the flavor of the lamb. On prior visits we have enjoyed the delicate Lake Superior whitefish and the Scottish salmon, as well as the chicken and steak kabobs. The accompanying fresh vegetables of eggplant, broccoli, tomato and zucchini add a splash of color and tasty addition.

By the way, there is a nice selection of beers and wines very reasonably priced which go so well with their main courses. Their appetizer and dessert selections are also excellent. We look forward to many more superb dinners at Turquoise.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We were looking for something that appealed to all 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 teens, after some nice sun at the beach. We had walked around a bit, looked at several places, and quite a few menus, then Mathilda saw Turquoise on the corner. We all agreed it looked appealing visually, even from a distance, and then we saw the menu we knew we could all find something we'd enjoy.
The server, the service, the owner and the atmosphere were all outstanding. Our server had several great suggestions and patiently answered questions with thorough explanations. And the food was on that same level of excellence. The kids enjoyed their meals, as did the adults. It was fresh, well presented, very very delicious and again, my culinary highlight of this spring break trip. We will definitely be back on the next trip!
The restrooms were nice as well as clean, and I was very impressed by the attentiveness of the owner, not just to us, but to other patrons, and even to a group that came in a short time before closing to all but a private party that was going to take place in a short while. He was very accommodating, apologetic, and took care of them and made up for the inconvenience it may have caused them, since they did not know of the conflicting closure. Very impressed.
I can hardly wait to come back to Redondo Beach/Torrance for more fun and to eat at Turquoise - it will be multiple visits next time!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I travel to southern California almost every year from England to spend time with family and friends . For the past 7 years I have an additional reason "Turquoise".
Everything about this lovely friendly restaurant is above my highest expectation.
The organic , fresh and finely cooked meals with a beautiful presentation in a relaxed ambient makes the time there part of my best memories of the trip.
The owner and the staff are a delight to talk to. Hameed ( the owner) is always there and proudly will explain in details about the menu. The Vegeterians will have plenty to chose from .
I am going back home but looking forward to my next trip and next meal there.

Been to Turquoise? Share your experiences!