“Fantastic fresh seafood in a New England seaside setting”

Captain Kidds Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 300 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Captain Kidd's is a unique restaurant located in beautiful King Harbor in Redondo Beach, CA. With it's breath taking views and wonderful menu its sure to provide you with a great dining experience. Weather you're ordering off of our kitchen menu or selecting your cut of fish from the fish case you're sure to have a delicious meal. We are proud to offer the finest fish from both local and international waters delivered daily to our market. Enjoy a sunset dinner from our 3 patios. And our dog friendly outdoor patio!
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Like going back in time in the best meaning of the phrase! Wonderful views, very rustic & casual dining on picnic tables, classic fishing village experience!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

It's my husbands favorite place to have a casual dinner that's Delicious. You can pick up something to take home and eat or eat there. It's very casual but the food is unbelievable. SO GOOD

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This restaurant is a landmark by the Redondo Beach Pier. I always enjoy coming here for the fresh selection of fish. They have also good clam chowder and shell fish. Service is quick but sometimes line maybe long depending on time and days. There is a open patio to enjoy the sunsets.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

We went to Capt. Kidd's on Sunday, with 10 other people, for a late lunch...it was SuperBowl Sunday so the place was empty. We all ordered at the same time...I ordered the Fish & Chips plate...Fish, Fries & Cole Slaw. My order came up in 5 minutes while everyone else had to wait about 15 -20 minutes or so.
My fish was obviously precooked (left over from earlier) and they just popped it in the oil & out to re-warm it up... the breading was thick & hard....the fries weren't fresh either...both had an old used taste. Which left the Cole Slaw...it was totally unrecognizable from normal Cole Slaw...it looked like they mixed it with leftovers from other salads..it was mushy and uneatable!!! We haven't been to this place in a while ...now I will put it on my NEVER GO BACK LIST!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Something different to try. All types of shell fish, crab, fish and more. Cooked to your liking with toppings, sides and extras. Fresh food and the staff were helpful, experienced it but not my kind of dining. Don't let that put you off, you decide.