“Solid Mexican with Lovely Ambiance”
Review of Milagros

Milagros
Reserve with OpenTable
Milagros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 308 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Transit: The train station is only a five minute walk from our front door.
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This restaurant is close to the Century Cinema complex in Redwood City. It has a lovely outdoor section facing the corner of Main and Middlefield. It has an equally large inside seating area and a full bar. The have a menu which is a bit different from the normal Mexican restaurant. There are no enchiladas or burritos (although there is a burrito bowl). The have several quesadillas including chicken and lobster. Grilled shishito peppers as an appetizer. You get a big tin bucket of very tasty chips and they are complemented with 3 salsa flavors.

The wait staff is friendly right down to the bus-persons, and the service is quick and efficient. They have high chairs for the kids. All in all, a lovely place with solid dishes.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We just moved to RWC and had 4 people recommend this place to us.
Great diverse menu, lots of options & quality ingredients. Yes the tacos are ala-cart and a bit more per taco than other places but are very tasty.
Shrimp quesadilla, coconut shrimp taco & the fajitas are all OUTSTANDING on a taste level.
Chips & salsa trio is amazing as well!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I have been to Milagros many times. The food was always good, the Margarita delicious. We even had a private party their once which was well organized and everyone was happy. The outside seating area is very cozy, with heater for chilly nights and shade during the day. All seems perfect... The kitchen however, looked like a mess to me. The floor was sticky and food scraps on the ground. The place gets really packed in the evening and I assume there isn't much time for cleaning between meal prep. But I still think this is a MUST if someone prepares food. The waiters are always friendly and the service in general great.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to this city staple for Mexican and Spanish fare and I was impressed with the service, food and prices for an obviously in spot in Redwood City.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I know this place from before remodeling. Plates and presentation are definitely better. Fish tacos are tasty
You still need to pay for chips however, this part I didn't appreciate at all, tasty salsas but charging people $4 for chips is not what most Mexican restaurants do in the area.
I will go back to try more food as couple of other items caught my eye, I will stay away from the bar to avoid the bartender's attitude, not sure if he's overwhelmed or that is how he's structured.
Milagros is still one of my favorite places in the peninsula for Mexican food.