“Quiet but needs some love”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This hotel is a nice quiet property, centrally located in the town and if you are going to Death Valley or Sequoia is a good stopover. It used to be a very nice property but is a bit rundown. Could definitely use some love and for a Choice branded property should be a little nicer.

The rooms are somewhat renovated, however the lobby, restaurant, and meeting areas are not. The lobby carpet and carpet in the hallway to the restaurant is in desperate need of cleaning. The Front Desk staff is also in need of some general customer service training. A smile goes a long way. The restaurant staff were pleasant. The free breakfast is very nice, food was decent. One server was great, the other not so much.
The rooms are comfortable, come with a fridge and microwave and a giant flat screen tv. The room was clean, plenty of towels and the housekeeping staff was super. The AC worked great and there is ample parking. The hotel is safe and well lit.
I loved the fact that the entire hotel roof is covered with solar panels, good for them for using what is in abundance in Ridgecrest.
I would stay here again for sure. I hope the owners put a little more money into the property, it could be lovely again.

Room Tip: Upstairs is always a quieter choice but no elevators
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Kristin F, General Manager at Clarion Inn Ridgecrest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Stockds,

Kristin Yates

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 days at the Clarion Inn: coming from high Sierra parks and going to Death Valley, the idea was to stop somewhere before going ahead to Los Angeles.
The accommodation was good and really cheap for the service (full breakfast was included). Room space was a little bit small and no safety box was available ( but reception staff took care of our valuables....).
Personnell was friendly and really helpful to give advices and tips of what to do nearby and where to find stores, shops etc...
Unfortunately the city is quite far away from all the main attraction:
100 miles from death valley, 120 miles from Sequoia Park (100 giants trail).
Anyhow it was a very good stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Kristin F, General Manager at Clarion Inn Ridgecrest, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Cassandra,

Kristin Yates

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My first trip to California, and I picked Ridgecrest for being close to Death Valley. A nice touch was having a real restaurant on the property. Greeted by a wonderful staff. Clean room, saw one waterbug on the sidewalk...but that's expected.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Kristin F, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Ridgecrest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Kieran,

Kristin Fowler

Reviewed 17 June 2017

In addition to the insect pronlem, there was a large gap between the bottom of the door and trim allowing a constant flow of insects, dust and wind. We did report the problem and was simply told the there are waterbugs all over this town. Completely unacceptable! We bought Raide and then had to use a bath towel to block the bugs, dust and wind. I wouldn't refer anyone to this particular hotel.

Room Tip: A lot of out of town workers staying there and apparent full time tenants. One had his car on block...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kristin F, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Ridgecrest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Kristin Fowler

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I booked a room on Choice site weeks ago because Hampton and Springhill did not have vacancies. I work in the area and needed to attend training. I now only need to stay 1 night but Choice is stating because I prepaid I can't get a refund. WHY? In addition, some of my staff had to stay here last week for training and the feedback I got was that it's a "roach motel" and that the carpet looked dirty and the room unclean. I'm not happy that they have a non-refundable option when you book ahead of time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Kristin F, Manager at Clarion Inn Ridgecrest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Carol,