“the best subs of my life”
Review of The Sub Station

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Sub Station
Ranked #52 of 743 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 26 May 2017

richard and his rotating staff of students have been in riverside for 45 years and i have enjoyed their work for 42 of those. with nearly 3 dozen choices available (not counting special orders), i have tried many of these over the years and have yet to have a disappointing sandwich -- or even a mediocre one! the roll is a soft bread (which can be wheat, if you prefer), the contents are generous, and the seasonings are unfailingly tasty. the sandwich is served in butcher paper with a side of carrot slices and peperoncini -- i like to bite a peperoncino before each section of sandwich (4 sections in the foot-long, two in the small size) wakening the taste buds to receive the sandwich.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I love subway but found this place to have a much better product. The food was delicious and tasted fresh.

I would recommend coming here and sitting outside on a nice day.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I ordered a turkey and avocado sandwich on wheat and got turkey and cheese . . . but I was so hungry, I ate it anyway. Great staff, nice side of fresh carrot sticks, and a deck in the shade for eating. Just check your order carefully!

Reviewed 11 February 2016

When I was here for grad school, I lived off of these things. I just had one for the first time in 5 years, and I am happy to say they are just as good as I remember. They literally are competing for the best subs ever. On top of generous meat and cheese portions, the bread is soft and fresh, and you get a nice olive oil/balsamic dressing w/ salt, pepper, and garlic powder (the key!). I love the Italian subs personally (the #1 and #4), but the turkey is really good too. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I have been eating at the Sub Station for 43 years and love it as much today as when I first came to Riverside. Richard, the owner, is great to his customers and helps out the area by hiring university students. When my kids are back in town visiting the first thing they want to do is go to the Sub Station and sometimes they want to go every day they are here. There are plenty of choices on the menu, including vegetarian and vegan. The secret, off-menu, item is a Rich-wich, vegetarian fare on a toasted whole wheat roll. My favorite is #19 (turkey) with avocado and unless it is toasted I prefer the white roll to whole wheat. Hot pastrami is good too. They also have salads and soup. If you are having a meeting or a party the Sub Station is our go to caterer with party platters and giant subs.