“NOT MY FAVORITE INDIAN RESTAURANT”
Review of Punjab Palace

Punjab Palace
Ranked #131 of 784 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I used to come here often but with all the other choices around it is more of a memory. The lunch buffet had a very good variety, more than other places, but, there were not many guests and the food had been sitting for a while. The mixed vegetable curry was flavorful and the vegetables were not overcooked. The appetizers were crispy. I did like the selection of curries, goat, chicken and veg. Service was good . The buffet came with 2 types of bread which I thought was a real plus. The actual restaurant is very old and shabby. The plastic flowers and lights on the walls need to go. I would order a takeout from here but if I was entertaining I would go else where for Indian food .Price $11 including tax was excellent it is just the restaurant appearance that is lacking.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Punjab Palace is a diamond in the ruff! This place has exceptional tasting food that is full of flavor. The prices are very reasonable and the portions will send you home with left overs. Any of the Masala dishes are going to be fabulous. I ordered the Fish Masala. It has nice, large chunks of white fish in it. Very tasty! My family all ordered the Lamb Malai that is absolutely to die for! The service could be a little more lively. They don't seem to want to intrude and took a bit to get our orders in. They have music videos playing with traditional Indian music and Bali dancing. I would consider turning it up a bit more and creating an atmosphere that is a little more hopping. They did not have a lot of diners which seems unfortunate because the price is right and the food is really good. I did notice a revolving door of people who were ordering take out. It was my husbands first time trying Indian food and I'm glad to report we will be going back. He really enjoyed it along with my parents.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Buffet choices were limited. Quality was subpar and tasted like frozen tripe. I think this mediocre establishment is just catering to the unsophisticated college crowd. None of us ate much, which could be the idea behind their buffet, and we didn't stay long, even though we could've sat there for hours.

1  Thank ChadG282
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Limited number of items on the buffet. Good for trying a few Indian dishes at a low price just to see if you like them. Excellent naan bread.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Punjab Palace had the best Indian food I've tried yet. I visited for dinner and tried a sampler plate that included saag, tikka masala, and a few other Indian dishes. Spice level ranged from mild to hot (not a full Indian spicy, which my taste buds still can't handle). Flavorful, intense, and yet somehow still delicate and deliciously seasoned. Couldn't get enough of their garlic naan, too!

The atmosphere was a little strange, and a little loud for having a quiet conversation. There are several televisions in the restaurant and during my meal they were playing what seemed to be a cheap DVD of an Indian... revival? or perhaps spiritual concert? Unique, and not necessarily bad, but it was unexpected. If I'm in the area again, I'll be back for the food, but will consider take out instead of dining in.

1  Thank slcdawson

Been to Punjab Palace? Share your experiences!