“The twilight tour was awesome!”
Review of The Cat House

The Cat House
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Rosamond
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a small non-profit exotic feline breeding center about 1 hour north of Los Angeles which houses over 70 exotic endangered cats.
Pasadena, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The twilight tour was awesome!”
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Wow - my experience at the same twilight tour was totally different. My friends and I got there a little late (closer to 6pm), and got our tickets at the door. Even though it was crowded, and the parking lot did look very full, people working in the lots efficiently found a spot for us - I feel like I've had worse experiences at places like Disneyland or the LA County fair. (plus parking was free!)
We were able to see a lot of the cats up close - and volunteers near the cages were very helpful in explaining why cats were behaving the way they were (ripping up phone books) and what their habits/characteristics were. Some of the animals were more popular than others, so there was a bigger crowd near them, but we kept moving, and were able to see the entire zoo. It was quite incredible seeing the bigger cats from a few feet away - they are humongous. Other people who work at the zoo willingly answered any question the public had about the cats. We watched in amusement as one of the smaller cats tried to catch goldfish in a little pool (it was getting really frustrated after every failed attempt), and another garfield-like cat just sat and stared at the public. The jaguars were absolutely gorgeous.
The zoo is definitely worth checking out - I've only been there during a twilight tour, so I can't say if it would be better or worse at any other time of the year. I went to the zoo to see exotic animals, and I was able to do that. The beautiful surroundings, the clear night sky, and sharing the amazement with other people just as interested in these animals made the experience a lot better.
Yes - it was quite busy, but seriously - we live in So Cal, and this was a special night in the year with great weather. I wasn't aware that tickets were supposed to be limited, but I was glad I was able to get in with my friends after driving almost an hour and a half to get to the zoo.

5 Thank firebolt_317

California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't bother waiting and paying for the Twighlight Tour.”
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I pre purchased tickets to the Twilight Tour for September, 2010. I was told that they limited the number of tickets and that it would be an intimate behind-the-scenes tour, with few people and lots of interesting events, including feeding time and talks/discussions.
Imagine my surprise when we arrived on time--to be met with TOUR BUS after TOUR BUS full of people. The parking lots were overfull and they were parking people in the middle of the desert. The cars were lined up for blocks trying to get in. They continued to sell the tickets at the door (they definitely did NOT limit the number, and continued selling until after we finally left because it was so ridiculously full of people).
They had booths selling food and raffles of items ranging from body soaps to clothing (how does this fit in with an intimate Twilight Tour?). There were SO many people, you couldn't see anything, and in some areas, it was so claustrophobic with the vast numbers of people--you couldn't even MOVE. I was on crutches and finally gave up trying to see anything. I wasn't the only one who gave up and just found a place to sit on the ground (there were no chairs to sit on).
I feel SO ripped off by this place. I believe that if you want to see what they have to offer, then just go on a regular weekday. Don't bother waiting for the Twilight Tour unless you want to be frustrated. We were there for a couple of hours and every one of us in our group finally just had "had enough" and we left. As I said earlier, they were still selling tickets and cars were still trying to get in to park as we left.
The people working the parking lot were notably upset, saying that the owners advertised the event in the AAA Travel Magazine without telling anyone, hence the line of tourbusses. Their greediness sure ruined the night for me and my friends, that's for sure.

5 Thank KPWWW