“YUE HUANG RESTAURANT”

Yue Huang Restaurant
Ranked #214 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Beautiful place and very professional wait staff. A nice upgrade restaurant for the Natomas scene that isn't ultra casual or fast food.

We went when it first opened and it was not crowded. Food was good, staff was superior...hope business has picked up for them.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with a group and we ordered the Banquet dinner for ten for $188. This is the least expensive of the banquet menus and I feel the food reflected this. Some dishes, such as the appetizer tray, crab soup and sweet and sour shrimp were good. The chicken was awkwardly cut and without much flavor, the steamed bok choy was in such big pieces it was impossible to eat. Service was so slow we had to leave before dessert.

That said, this restaurant is very popular with our area Chinese community. I feel it would be worth returning to try dishes ordered individually,

The banquet concept - preset menus served on a lazy Susan at tables of ten - is a grand idea. Prices range from $188 up to $649, so there is obviously a broad quality range.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We were pleasantly surprised to find such good quality Chinese restaurant in Sacramento. In my opinion, it surpassed most of the Chinese restaurants in the Bay Area.

Food: it offers genuine Cantonese style food, unlike many restaurants that the dishes are 'Americanized'. We ordered a beef dish which serves top quality meat. We also ordered the limited availability of soup combo in a winter melon. This is a special dish that a large winter melon is used as the bucket to cook the soup inside. The meat of the melon is edible and becomes part of the soup. The seafood ingredient was fresh and the taste was superb. We had the soup left over for the next day. The rest of the menu also looked quite genuine. We just could not try all.

Ambience: Table cloth, bright lighting, excellent decoration. It can potentially serve a number of banquet tables.

Service: In addition to the table waitress, the floor customer manager roamed around the room and came to chat with us. He actually helped us to order the dishes. Otherwise, we won't know the availability of the Melon soup. So the service is five stars also, rarely found in cheat eat Chinese restaurants.

Price: Not expensive given the quality.

This is a restaurant that I highly recommend. You will not be disappointed if you know what real Chinese food should be.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

We went here because it was new and looked fantastic online. We were very pleased with the menu. I have lived in China and there were lots of dishes I had only seen served there. The restaurant is bright, beautiful with a mix of traditional and modern. The service staff and hosts are friendly and it has many large Chinese style tables to accommodate large groups. For a non-buffet dining experience, I highly recommend Yue Huang.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

We have never been to a Chinese restaurant with such fine ambiance. Bright, light, elegant, well done. The food was equally enjoyable. The three of us shared generous helpings of Honey Walnut Shrimp (our favorite), Sing MS Noodle, and Braised Tofu w Veggies (so-so). Small complimentary cups of black bean tapioca dessert prompted different reactions: I liked it and ate it all, my husband ate it but wasn't really enthusiastic about it, and our friend didn't like it and didn't eat it.
A special place not just for a special occasion.