“Exceeded expectations”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Interstate 5
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I decided on this restaurant for a recent birthday dinner. We'd read mostly favorable reviews and it was close to home, so this was our pick.

The dining room is inviting and fairly upscale; small, yet still affords some privacy. We arrived around 5:00 on a Saturday and - aside from a few people at the bar - were the only diners inside at that time. (There are tables outside as well.)

We were seated at a window table with a good view of the marina and river. I had a spicy Bloody Mary; my wife had a glass of Merlot. Both were quite good. We split a large Caesar salad which had just the right amount of authentic dressing. That is, heavier on the anchovies than most bottled Caesar dressings, but not overpowering.

She ordered the pasta Bolognese. I had the seafood linguine, which included clams in the shell, scallops and 3 large prawns. The sauce (and broth) in both dishes were quite good.

Our waitress was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. She even offered (after overhearing it was my birthday) to make my glass of Sauvignon Blanc complimentary. We readily accepted!

Pearl On The River was a pleasant surprise, and we hope to return soon to try their other dishes.

1  Thank sdconverse

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Happened on this restaurant by accident for dinner. Environment was really, really pleasant – right on a river with good views. I had a Bolognese to kill for and my wife had the scallops of which she really liked along with the side dish it was served with. Also had a good selection of local brewed beers. Will absolutely visit again when in Sacramento.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Pearl is a bit upscale with tablecloths, an inviting interior and and very quiet by today's standards. The menu is reasonably diverse and quite reasonable. My dishes have been well presented and very tasty. The service has been attentive and engaging and the location is quite nice.

I can commend Pearl with confidence.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Attentive service, good drinks, great food and a nice riverside setting. Can't wait to bring more business partners there next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

We were beat from long drive to Sacramento to fly out 5am next morning. Wanted a good quality fish early dinner. Stayed around the corner at Hilton Garden almost ate at their restaurant (not ever an issue) but wanted fresh fish. Pearl fit the bill perfectly. First we were greeted at 3:50pm & told that despite dinner not starting until 4pm that it would not be a problem to seat us (at a huge window table inside as we were offered), get us a glass of wine & got our appetizers started. Shows good management with the staff able to work with hungry out of town patrons. I'm so embarrassed I cannot remember which fish appetizer we ordered (they had quite a few appealing ones, but it was freshly made and brought out with warm bread. Our Caesar salads were very fresh (and not over dressed as happens so often) with more bread offered & turned down because it was so good we'd have eaten it all and did not want to get filled up before entrees. I had the scallops and my husband had the salmon. Cooked perfectly and the scallop dish was served on top of risotto (mushroom I think - it was very good) that was perfectly cooked. I had not seen that presentation before & it was better than I could have expected. Salmon prepared well too. Not much room for dessert but we were not going to miss the cheesecake. Not your traditional, standard kind either, it was a flour crust (nice touch, thanks, I use walnuts for mine), & glad we only ordered 1 to share because I would have eaten the entire thing by myself. Special treat, we don't often order dessert. It was a higher end restaurant, which I have no issue because overall it was a great value: good service, fresh/quality ingredients, quiet/well laid out (tables & booths not jammed in), and a menu that although had a few traditional meals (for those that do) had many various selections I've not seen before & had trouble choosing. Thank you!