“Love It!”

Ocean Fish and Chips
Ranked #338 of 2,061 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Best fish and chips / onion rings in Sacramento! Several good reviews on Yelp.
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Every time I am in the area of Ocean's I make a point of stopping in for fish and chips. Although they offer shrimp, calamari, chicken, etc. I always stick to the traditional fish and chips. I get the two piece combo with fries and it always fills me up. The pieces are large and made fresh to order. I also like their cole slaw. Yum. The staff members are very nice and have been there forever. You order at the register and then take a seat. They bring your meal to you. You can easily be in and out in 30 minutes if you eat there. They also offer take-out. I saw a lot of people coming in to pick up previously ordered items. I like the traffic volume as it not only speaks to how good the food is but it also shows that there is a high turnover in the product. No fish sitting around too long at Ocean. It can be a little tricky getting in to the place if you are pulling in from Fulton but it is worth it.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Yum stinging yummy food and drink some more than therapeutic French fries are pn point the best I .ust say

Reviewed 13 January 2017

We came for take out fish & chips. Friendly service with good food. I wanted to eat low carb so I ordered coleslaw instead of fries. Great coleslaw. Ocean supplies plenty of tarter sauce and other condiments. Great service with a smile.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Nothing exciting. We ordered 2 pcs. red snapper and received 3 pcs "fish." It was hot and not greasy but nothing exciting, not much flavor at all. Everyone seemed very nice. It is a walk up to the counter and order restaurant.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

The staff was friendly and I mean like everyone we came across was nice. First time there and the man behind the counter was so patient while he waited for us to make up our minds. Every customer that came in was treated in the same manner. The food was hot and fresh and I mean all of it. The kids meal with a hamburger and another with shrimp had just been cooked. Our food came out hot and fresh as well, no cold fries, no greasy fish or shrimp. They have fountain drinks so you can get a refill and we are not big on soda but they have coke.....just plain old coke (I just don't see this much anymore). The prices were very reasonable and excellant for the amount of food and the quality.