“Flat Fish??”

Cape Cod Fish & Chips
Ranked #693 of 2,147 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I ordered a combinations-1 fish, 4 shrimp and fries. The batter was great!!!! Crunchy. Not bread crumbs. But the fish was thin and flat...Very thin and very flat. Not a typical fish and chips. The French fries were the larger version and not crisp. I prefer the thinner crisp fries of McDonalds. The shrimp were stretched out long and straight. Very underwhelmed by the size. The restaurant was clean. Bright colorful tablecloths under glass tablet tops but empty. All the patrons were for orders to go. Although I finished the whole thing, I don't think I will return.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

I have to visit the little restaurant every time I am in Sacramento. I always get either the prawns (which are huge and cooked to perfection) or the fish & chips. Always crispy on the outside and perfect on the inside. The same two people always greet me with a big smile. Will continue to come back.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Their fish meals are very good, but they don't stop there. Their burger rivals most burger joints and they have several Teriyaki meals are very good. My favorite is the chicken. I haven't tried the shrimp teriyaki yet, but will soon. Parking can be tight during the height of the lunch hour as you share the lot with Round Table, Goodwill, and a liquor store. I plan my visits before or after the lunch hour.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I used to work only 20 blocks away and one happy day I discover this gem. I ate lunch there three times a week. I now drive 25 miles one-way and go as often as practical.

All varieties of hamburgers are awesome and come with fries. You have to try the onion rings, tampura zukes or mushrooms. The chicken breast sandwich is amazing. The fish and chips, fried clams, scallops, and shrimp are all top-notch. Tampura batter and fish sauces are made in-house.

But for me, I always go back for the Teriyaki chicken plate. You get a small green salad first and then a huge plate of perfect steamed rice covered with tons of chicken cut into strips, all topped with the best Teriyaki sauce I have ever tasted. Most of my friends can't finish it all, but I manage to clean my plate. Get a soft drink and help yourself to refills. The place has a good, family feel to it and you just can't beat the prices anywhere.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

The fish and chips are great but the burger is the real surprise!

Now I have to add text to meet the 100 character minimum.