“Beef Ribs”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2016

The Beef Ribs here are great. Take your favorite bottle of wine. No corkage fee. Popular place and can be quite loud. Make sure to check your bill for correctness.

1  Thank jr2436

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

I am in the sacramento elk grove area a few tomes a year and just found out about Bandera. It is now my favorite place in the area. Among our group we ordered 3 entrees and all were very tasty and sizable portions. The dishes were sushi grade tuna, blackened ruby red trout and blackened rib eye. All were good but the rib eye was outstanding!!

Be sure to try the homemade cornbread as well.

You will NOT be disappointed at Bandero.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Bandera has always been a favorite for our family night out. It is kind of a splurge but usually worth it! First of all I was really looking forward to the roasted artichoke and it was not available. We ordered the spinach dip and it was really good! We had three orders of ribs and chicken and everyone felt the ribs were tiny and not very meaty. The chicken was also quite small. Kind of blah. I had the salmon and it was very metiocre. Even the cornbread was dry :(. I usually love Bandera and hope this was a one time miss. I should have ordered the Chicken Macho Salad, you can't go wrong with that!
I'm really hoping with the shopping center being remodeled that they open up some outside seating.it would be amazing. I really don't enjoy sitting inside a dark restaurant without any natural light!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Bandera is an excellent place for special occasions or any occasion really. Food and service were excellent on our Friday visit. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and had a 4:30 reservation. We were seated promptly and it seemed like we didn't really need a reservation. Our server was Siera and the service was attentive yet not over intrusive. Cornbread is a must have and if you like tomatoes, the heirloom tomato salad is incredible! Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the broccoli was very good. Probably some of the best broccoli that I have ever had! My only minor complaint was that the mashed potatoes had a little too much onion in them. Portions are all very generous. Dessert was also good. Their take on banana cream pie was delicious. Overall a great visit!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We'd been to Bandera before and loved it. We booked in advance so got to our table in a timely manner. The food was great and our server was amazing.

This visit couldn't have been more different. It was extremely busy. Despite booking a table, when we got there we waited for about 40 minutes before we were seated. My mother has difficulty standing/walking so we had to wait outside in the heat so that she could sit down. I asked a few times if our table was ready and kept being told "not yet". Other people were waiting outside with us and said "it's a long wait when you don't book". I explained we booked and they were as surprised as us when they were taken to a table first!

When we were eventually seated there was no apology for the wait. The restaurant was far noisier than our first visit which made talking to each other really difficult. Our server was undergoing training but her trainer was far from attentive and even he got things wrong, almost like he didn't care.

The plus side is the food was great but to be honest we couldn't wait to get out of there for some peace and quiet. For the price we paid it was over the top. Shame as it was a completely different experience compared to our first visit.